I bought my first mini excavator just recently a e35. How long am I able to keep it loaded on my trailer before I should consider taking it off. Not sure if you can over stress a trailer by keeping that much weight on it for a week or so of time.
If anything your springs might start to sag a bit over time but we're talking over a long period of time. Structurally I doubt it'll do anything to the frame just sitting there for a week now and then.
I’d worry about the tires sitting loaded in one spot more than anything else, even radials will get a bit of a flat spot sitting long enough especially if they’re low on air. The frame and springs see more load and shock going down the road for an hour than it would see in a years worth of sitting.
Agree about the tires. Lost a set of tires by letting my PU sit for just 1 day with a load of gravel on it.. They kind of went thump thump thump and never did recover. d.d.
Plenty of trailers hold weight for 20, 30, 40+ years. Drill rig pumps, gen set trailer, etc, etc
My cargo trailer for work is loaded all it’s life. It’s not an issue.
Thanks for the input.
If its a goose neck its easy to use the landing gear and blocks to keep weight off the axles.
Don't want to stir things up but what is the big deal? Some dedicated trailers such as vac units etc and all of my trailers are loaded all of the time No big deal, No harm done!
Hard to say without knowing what axles and rating your trailer has and the weight of the machine. If you're close to max. rating of the trailer don't leave it on for extended periods. If your trailer has a much higher weight rating than the machine weighs shouldn't be too big of a deal as long as it's not weeks or even month's. The other thing to consider is the weather. If the sun is beating down on the tires will deteriorate them a lot faster. That's why a lot of people with travel trailers put tire covers on. I put supports on the frame of my 5th wheel that never moves. Tires were new but one had a slow leak they never fixed before they delivered it. One of these days I need to pull the wheel off and get it fixed. Too much other crap to do before I get a chance to do it.
My trailers spend all summer with pretty much max load sitting on them . . .