Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How many hours out of rubber tracks on mini-x

38 fiat ยท 2015-06-01 19:14

Have a Takeuchi 175 with a little over 1000hrs on a new set of tracks and have broken tracks. Not working in really rocky terrain. Is this about how long the tracks should last, are there better rubber tracks out there- considering switching to steel tracks with rubber pads. Anybody made the conversion and if so- how many hours out of the steel tracks? Thanks Mark

Replies2
  1. #1movindirt2015-06-01 19:48

    I don't own a 8 ton machine or operate one frequently, I ran a rented Cat 308E for a week and it had steel tracks and pads, brand new, it had very little traction in wet areas imo If I was going with steel tracks I would just get regular triple grousers. I know Fastdirt got some rubber grouser pads for his 315, might be worth checking into.

  2. #2hvy 1ton2015-06-01 20:26

    I think somebody on here bought these for their 8 ton. I know i saw them here. One of the locals just put a set on a pc78, but i think they got close 2500 hours out of the set of rubber tracks. http://mclarenusa.com/mini-excavators-tracks/hybrid-tracks.html I'm sure some searching will turn up some old threads on the subject.