Out at a buddy's place for a b-day party. Snapped a couple pics.
Love the little Deere John But what is the second one (Hey, I'm a logger LOL)
It's a Allis Chalmers "G". I took a picture because most of them I've seen have a moldboard for use as a road grader.
Rear engine Allis Chalmers G as Shimmy said. They had a verity of implements to include a belly blade and a one bottom plow that slung in under it. They were real popular in tobacco country but didn't sell as well as AC would have liked to the truck farmers. The Farmall A's.B's and C's plus the little Ford N series ruled that market. They sold over 1 million Ford N series, 9n (1939) 2n (1942) 8n (1948) NAA (Jubilee) (1953-55). They only made about 200,000 of the G's from 48 to 55. Farmall (IH) sold about 800,000 of just the A's. The big killer for most farmers was that the G was only rated at 11HP as opposed to about 16 or 17 for the A and 23 for the Ford 9/2/8N's. They were an interesting little unit. As of a couple of years ago a company was making a copycat unit that used a Briggs V twin for power. Rick
The AC Model G was very popular with fruit and vegetable farmers also. Many were used in southeastern Ohio, where I grew up, on vegetable farms due to the narrow rows.
May have been popular in Southeast OH but I know that I never saw one on the veggie truck farms in NJ from about 1960 to 71. Farmalls and Fords there. They didn't sell well in MN or KS either. In fact I never saw one until the late 80's in Ky. Sense then I've only seen them at tractor shows. No matter, they are a cute little thing. Rick
One of my cousins had a JD like that one, had the same "fresh air" option too.
Snowblower looks nice too....looks like it could eat up the "G" in about 5 seconds... What brand is it ?
Don't know. Looks nicer than my Loftness 8' blower but mines old. Moves a lot of snow! Rick
Yair . . . The little Allis jiggers are becoming popular conversions to battery power and an outfit (I think in Oklahoma) is offering a copy with electric motor and batteries or a twelve HP Briggs or Honda. http://www.brookssolar.com/news/electricTractor.html Cheers.
Thanks for the link Scrub Puller. I'm finding this repurposing and refitting oil iron with some new technology or power source to be fascinating.
Yair . . . John C. No worries mate. We were involved with developing an electric powered cultivation system some years back and the thing that has stuck with me was the sound of the mouldboard plough slicing through roots . . . a very peaceful way of small scale farming. Cheers.
It's a Schulte. http://www.schulte.ca/products.html