at least he's not on the top rung
thats a good one. I'd like to see if he was brave enough to stay on the ladder while it was raised and lowered haha
it takes all kinds..
Darwin had a theory.
My theory is that he did this all by himself and climbed up the arm............well unless the idiot that was in the cab was genius enough to get out and take a picture to share with the world........."look ma what i gone done with Zeb"
Keep your nose clean and your mouth shut. If the foreman tells you to take the new guy around back and fix it, do it.
I can't say much here. I count count the number of times i've worked from a loader bucket. I wouldn't do exactly that though, that's just asking for a broken neck.
wow! i would love to be TOLD to do that. i would have a two word reply, and it ain't "let's dance"
I climb towers for a living and even though he is not hooked off he is barely off the ground.
HAHAHA! you guys are great. I think he stood in the bucket as it was raised, then climbed, but he is a ways up there, they actually poured a few buckets of sand first to fill in a hole and keep the front wheels level with the back. I just took the picture and shook my head. ointhead
Just remebered a story looking at this picture. Few years back, running an old old old old GAS bucket tractor for a guy trimming limbs so his combine wouldn't get scraped up. Had a electric pole saw, small honda generator, large chain saw, and his dumb butt in the bucket. Raised up as high as it could go which is pretty high, think a large skid loader maxed out. Reaching up to cut a very very large limb. I'm just doing as im told but the limb looks like its going to fall onto the bucket and tip this tractor, i have no cab, him up there cutting. I put it in park and bail back away from tractor. He cuts it, it drops and misses the bucket by a mater of inches, bout pulls him off. Bout hits the bucket and makes the tractor nose dive. He has this bewildered look and I just shake my head. Not smart...
+1 Its a handy tool
a fall of 6 feet has a 50% chance of killing and the numbers climb exponentially with each rise in height. shortcuts can and do kill. some of this safety stuff seems cliche, but it is all too true. we all have a duty to work safe and help those who are too stupid to know.
Amen Q. My buddy worked bridge job's his whole life without any major injuries.He retired few years ago,built a new home, and while hanging the gutter on the front porch he slipped on the ladder and fell 5 feet to the ground & broke his back.Layed there for a couple hours until his nieghbor found him. You dont have to fall very far to get hurt bad.
Quite a few years ago at a local grain terminal here, a chap was sitting on a chair on an elevated platform about 8 feet high, overseeing the loading of trucks. For some reason, he over balanced on the chair and fell between the railings to the ground and he died. I think he broke his neck. RnR.
I think we all balance the risks everyday, look at the whole situation and make the call, is it safe enough. I was working the other day and noticed that I was in a spot where if the backhoe boom hydraulics failed that I'd get clipped by the bucket, changed my angle of work a bit. I know someone out there has had an uncontained hydraulic failure. I've not had one in a way that allows something to drop, I also try to replace lines in pairs when they look scabby.
If god intended man to be any higher in the air, he'd have made his legs longer, until then I'll stay about as high off the ground as mine get me or have a harness on my worthless body and anchored to something bigger than I to hold me in case I slip and fall. I might be insured but everyones gonna have to wait until I die of natural causes not stupidity induced causes to collect the few pennies I"m worth. Fast_st, hoses aren't the only things to cause problems, I had a valve act up once on my excavator and it automatically made the stick extend and stay straight out and it couldn't be retracted for anything, we ended up taking the valve off and apart to remedy the problem, I never quite forgot that and always keep it in mind when anyones around a machine running, it can jerk suddenly one way or another or move on its own and can't be stopped without shutting off the engine. If anyone would have been in front of the excavator sticki that day they would have been killed instantly and nothing could have been done to prevent it, the mechanic that solved it said it was a freak deal and there was no way to predict or prevent it. Just a thought to keep in mind.
I have a work platform for my skid steer loader but it anything short of a both rams breaking it would be a slower fall as the lines have restrictors. I did work in a plant one time with an a hole of a plant manager in there. He threatened to fire me if I wouldnt stand on an old clark fork lift with a leaking lift cylinder. He went up and the man running it let it top out in the cylinder. He was up there taking achain hoist down and the whole bottom of the cylinder blew off. It dropped the PM down 15 feet breaking his ankles.
and how many times have i been in a bucket at max extension or pull the indoor forklift to the very edge of the cement..tilt it out a lil and raise it up into the 3rd lift extension shut her down and climb up to install a light fixture or change one out...fun stuff but you cant shoot pics workin alone lol this looks right up my ally...its safe so long as your balance is good and your used to doing it...
And this is why you get taught in school not to swing on your chair.
Ahh yes and I note that your forum name is shortlife.........
lol..its from gaming....i made for a good sniper in most gaming situations and became the tag i used even on maps id built ..the name stuck