i have had it for a good year now and i wouldn't trade it for anything. when i run a machine with 12v and a radio i defiantely put it in there. Sirius is awesome!
I've got XM in the car and one truck. I liked the programming through XM over Sirius and chose them.
I also have XM and like it a lot.
I went for sirius it's great, not for nothing what does xm offer any more they have no more sports, nascar is on sirius i don't get it!! FTE!!
I have XM and love it. I get NASCAR on channel 144.
I have Sirius and love it. Really enjoy Blue Collar comedy.:bash
sirius here in all vehicles.
My dad has Sirius in his truck. I stole it one day, I started at 5AM pulling out orchard and worked til midnight that night. Thankfully I had some good tunes to keep me going. My room mate is a certified mobile audio installer, works in the business every day. He claims XM is a little better, but I like Sirius' programming a little more.
I've had Sirius for almost 2 years and love it. I need to get a mirror mount ant. for the Pete to swap back and forth from the pickup. BTW there was a rumor on the news last night that Sirius and XM are talking about a merger.
XM here but I'm getting real sick of the commercials.
I don't have either, just the trusty old AM/FM.:yup I thought the big selling point on those things though was their lack of commercials? I'm a little behind on the radio thing so someone enlighten me on the pros and cons.
the best about it is obviously that there is no commercials, but it is the variety of music, comedy,entertainment, etc. and also the biggest thing is NO static. and the initial cost of the reciever is from $50-$150, and the $13 a month it is deducted out of my account and i dont even realize it it is just great. if you want to try it i believe you can go online and listen to see if you like it... and Sirius in my opinion has more of a variety and keeps growing and is better than XM. Nascar is coming in Jan.
I'd get it just for the Nascar. :bouncegri
My dad paid $500 and has a lifetime subscription. He doesn't like any bills :bouncegri
My kids got me sirius for my birthday, great for plowing when you spend so much time in the truck. Howard Stern in funny.
Sirius here, almost all patrol cars have them! That is if you're a deputy or trooper (take home cars). Blake WA
Just got a new crew truck and went with Sirius. So far it's been cool, wish I would have gotten it sooner to miss all those political commercials. It is nice to have all the different music choices. I did screw up, should have got the portable version so it could be moved to other equipment and trucks.
I have XM in my pickup and the wifes car. Out here maintaining a radio station is impossible. XM is surely worth the money.
Sirius here too, for over a year. I really like it.
Sirius Kicks A** I've had sirius here for over a year and love it. I just can't handle commercial radio anymore. I've never had XM but everyone I talk to prefers sirius. XM has too many channels without DJ's certain hours, and the music is just randomly picked by a computer meaning you hear a lot of crap that you've never heard before. Within my crew at work we have at least 5 operators with sirius in their machines. I rock to Octane all day. :bouncegri t3ch
I got Sirius for X-mas and I like it so far I have only listened to Prime Country and the 70s music channel. I was always a radio listener now I have more choices I was never a big on buying CDs or having a CD player in the truck.
Same here just got it for Christmas and only really listen to new country. Havn't even touched my fm radio since.:thumbsup
I've had Sirius for over two years. When I'm in the truck or working in a tractor I always have it on. It comes in especially handy during football season. I tend towards talk radio. Rivals radio on Sirius 123 is too cool. Discovery rocks, too. However Discovery programming becomes a little stale. You have to be careful with the DJs and some comedy channels if you have kids in the car. Since it's a subscription service, the DJs can get away with using language they'd get fired for on terrestrial radio. I'll never part with my Sirius.
Love My Sirius I always say that ill have it till the day I die But Im putting it in my will to make sure its burried in my box with me and mount the antenna on my tombstone
I have XM so I don't know if the following is true for Sirius..... Music channels are commercial free. Also, if you want to put a portable XM (like a Roady2 or RoadyXT) in a machine that has only a 24V outlet, plug'er in, it won't hurt a thing! I think the power cord knocks the voltage down to 5 volts anyway.
I bring my little Sirius Sportster in my tractor and plug 'er in. Works beautifully. I guess they're all this way, but I listen to Mike and Mike on espn in the mornings. They're on terrestrial and Sirius. If I miss something they said, all I have to do is switch over to Sirius and it will play back in about 25 seconds. Does XM have that sort of delay? As far as commercials on Sirius: Talk radio, news, etc. has them. Music technically doesn't have them but you have to listen to those blow-hard DJs and some ads for Sirius programming. With Sirius, all I know is don't put the Spa channel on if you're driving at night. Lights out. Period.
in the great white north we have XM, we got the cheap $70.00 cdn for it at walmart. it is great and no interance. it is hard to believe we travelled with out radio before. it is the portable one and we loan it out to our buddys that are heading south on a 15 hour drive. thansk
I really like my sirius usually listen to 27 hard attack and stern. My favorite show on there though is the wiseguy show on raw dog.
love it had it the last two years in my dump truck at work,just got to get it for my pick up now:thumbsup :thumbsup
Sirius here. I have one in my truck, one in my wife's car, and I have bought two units for gifts. Some of the repeating playlists on a few channels drive me insane, but I have been impressed overall. As for the merger... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17228226/
Sirius radio for me. It came in both the new dodges and I have the reciever I use at the house and in the machines with 12v adaptors. -Eric
My sirius radio follows me in every machine! Can't live without it! No 12v? put one in! Have one for the home too. All the guys that I work with also have sirius.
Sirius Satelite subcribers All one company now, or soon will be if they get over the legal roadblocks. We have Sirius in vehicles and house.
I have Sirius and love it. For the machines at work without a 12V plug, I rigged up a 24V to 12V convertor and take the whole works with me everywhere. This far north, Sirius has better coverage than XM does, that's what made my choice. Brian
Really? I though that XM was like sirius, anywhere in north america. I've been to the NWT and sirius works great! Works at Diavik too!
xm works great here in northern manitoba, will ask my buddys what they have in their vehicles. thansk