Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How many speed sensors does CAT 323D LIME excavator have ?

Pavazhira ยท 2020-05-18 11:19

I have a CAT 323D LIME excavator which is showing faulty speed sensor .so when i checked i saw 2 sensors on the bell housing and all the sensor wires are going to the engine ECM. so i want to know if those sensors are all speed sensors. I am also asking for the picture or engine electrical wiring diagram . Thank you . [email protected] Serial number CATO323DHYSD00456

Replies9
  1. #1heymccall2020-05-18 13:46

    What was the code number? I found this.

  2. #2Pavazhira2020-05-18 15:12

    Noted with thanks. I ddnt check the code ,i used ET.so for learning purposes. I want to know the name and function of the other sensor .its a black plastic sensor that is secured with a bolt . I will take a picture tomorrow

  3. #3heymccall2020-05-18 16:03

    Crank position sensor

  4. #4heymccall2020-05-18 16:06

    Other timing sensor

  5. #5Nige2020-05-18 18:09

    What CID Code is coming up for the Engine Speed Sensor..? Main Engine Speed Sensor is CID 0190 Secondary Engine Speed Sensor is CID 0342

  6. #6LACHAU2020-05-19 00:08

    Depending on the manufacturer, the name of the speed sensor may vary. Anyway, there are 02 types: "CRANKSHAFT SENSOR" and "CAMSHAFT SENSOR" . Usually these are called "N SENSOR" and "G SENSOR" .

  7. #7Pavazhira2020-05-19 01:28
  8. #8Nige2020-05-19 12:02

    The Code you have is for the Primary Engine Speed/Timing Sensor, circled in the photo below. Part Number appears to be 324-4131. Maybe remove it and check the tip for accumulation of metallic particles..? Just be careful to mark the sensor position/depth so you can reinstall it correctly. The other sensor in the photo is the Secondary Speed/Timing sensor 238-0120. Troubleshooting Procedure for CID0190 FMI08 Code attached.

  9. #9Pavazhira2020-05-19 14:12

    Noted with thanks Nige .