I have been hauling scrap iron for 30 plus years . I started out with a pickup trailer and a one ton wrecker to load stuff it was never licensed . I built a IH winch truck to load stuff with it has never been licensed ether . I got to thinking and bought a ford truck with a 16 foot flatbed dump its been very handy. Then i got to thinking and bought a c70 chevy to pull a bigger trailer. I got to thinking agin because of the cost of being legal, keeping everything in good shape and all the extra work having 3 trucks I think i could build one truck to do it all. Has anyone reading this done the same thing ? It seems like a good deal but its hard to see the future . Keep the c70 I put a winch on it already . Buy build a dump trailer and another flat bed trailer.
It makes sense to have just one truck, especially one that is legal. Then again, I think you will be more happy holding on to your current collection, and adding some more!