I have a 1987 GMC 7000 series dump truck with a box that measures 10' long 7'3" wide 30" tall.How many yds. of fill dirt will it hold?I found some dirt 1.5 miles from my house for $1 a yard.I load and I haul.Is this the going rate for buying fill dirt?I need a bunch to fill in a old pond.Please Help!
well if my math is right with the bed level it should hold 6.75 yards of dirt. If the dirt is good I would say $1.00 a yard is a very good price. 10 x 7.3 x 2.5 (30"/12" to get 2.5 feet) = 182.5 cy ft/ 27 = 6.75 cy yards
dirtman i do believe your math is right. :drinkup
Well to be really picky, 7'3" would be 7.25'. 7'4" would be 7.3'. But I'm not that picky. Besides what's 1 cu ft between friends... 69zfarmer, through some big sideboards on her and load it up:thumbsup
As far as volume is concerned the guys are about right at between 6-7 yards more if you heep it up. There is also one thing you have to be aware of and thats overloading the axle, tires, etc. I think topsoil runs right around one ton per yard depending on the moisture content and gravel right around 1.5 ton per yard. So if you don,t have a scale handy that is the rule of thumb I use. The box on my 86 Internatiol 1900 is pritty close to yours in sise and the most I can hall leagally is 6 to 7 yard 8 ton net being max, (legal)..
how bigs the pond? 8 yds at a crack might take some time and fuel