Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How much does a ** 50A weigh?

46Willys ยท 2014-04-21 12:59

Hi guys. I am brand new to the forum and this is my first post. Reading through the posts, this seems like a pretty good place to find and share information. I just acquired what I believe to be a Massy ** 50A. Back hoe and front end loader. No cab, just a roll cage of sorts. The tractor runs and everything except the brakes work. It is more or less free to me, I just have to haul it and then see what all it needs. (yes, some of my most expensive toys started out free) My first question here is - How much does this dinosour weigh? If someone could give me a ball park figure, I would really appreciate it. I'm hoping I can haul it with my F350 and a good trailer, but I don't want to get there and find myself in an overload situation. Thanks for any help Will

Replies2
  1. #1Tinkerer2014-04-21 17:34

    You can find everything you will want to know on this web-site --- http://www.tractordata.com/backhoe-loader/000/1/1/112-massey-ferguson-50c.html

  2. #246Willys2014-04-22 14:19

    Wow. That's perfect. Thank you highly! Of course, now I see it is right on the edge of being heavy enough that some State Trooper might take an interest in my movements. I really appreciate the info. Will