How much would a D8T with MS ripper,rops,fops and SU blade cost?
1 million give or take a few bucks
yeah, sometimes you can find prices on machinerytrader for the new stuff too.
In 2006, a new D-8T equipped as you said was right around $600K, here in the US. If Gavin is right, and they are $1MM down under, that would be one heck of a premium. I know of a 5,000 hr D-8T in good condition for $300K, if that helps
heard the 8-t models were fuel hogs. could'nt go 10 hours on a tank of fuel. same guy said the R and N models still blow them out of the water
Somebody's been lying to you then. My fuel burn on the 8T is less than any other D-8 I have had, including H,K,L,R. Never had an N. I have checked the fuel burn on the computer while operating, and it will go up to 18 GPH, but only under full load. The average full day of heavy use will run 12GPH, and when doing light duty or trim work many days it is down around 7 GPH With a 170 gallon tank, in ight duty itt is common to run 2 days, while in hard going it will 12 hours easily That said, it will outpush any other D-8, even the L, and very nearly keeps pace with my D-9N I am not blinded by the Cat yellow, and I run other brands of iron, but with the big dozers, they are hands down the best there is.
Im demoing the 7E next week, supposed to do 80% of the work of an 8 with the fuel consumption of a 6.
Let us know what you think. I spent an hour or so on one, and was very impressed. I have a wright up on it in another thread.
I pulled GPS fuel and hour meter readings on 3 random D8Ts and they averaged 10.7GPH. Yeah I've ran it a couple times before for several hours, slot dozed with it like crazy and then did alot of finish work with it and enjoyed the hell out of it. I cant find any flaws in it yet except the gear selector is a little bit of a stretch to reach with my thumb. still really looking forward to next week though.
I am not blinded by Cat either. I tend to lean away from Cat but D6 and up Cat dozers are about the only dozers to have. I would hate to have to run a scraper fleet without a few D9's and D10's roaring around. We have a few D8T's and we have not put a lot of hours on them but the operators say they are great. Lots of power, responsive and the A/C works great. As far as the price I think ours are 2008's and they were around $600K. That is without rippers.
D8t Hi Timdozers. A few guys in NZ have opened their wallets to buy one, is at least 3 in NZ, with 2 in forestry roading. Jack Kuru on the east cape of the NI has one and Mike Edridge in Nelson. 3rd one is goughs hire in auckland as far as i know. Gotta be a million plus down here. Mate up my way bought a D8R about 7years ago and it was 920 000 plus tax then You mite have to settle for that TD20 :drinkup Merv
We got 3 8T's this year. They are great machines, extremely reliable and good on fuel. They push right next to the R's.
right next to the R's??? Think a T will outpush an R
Hi D6Merv Yeah I have got the September issue of the New Zealand Logger and had a good read. It's is fairly good. Thought I might give the boss the magazine hahaha. we won our contract on our tender for Wenita Forest Products. So crossing my fingers now. The boss is going to tender a lot of his gear. So we will see how much of the old stuff he gets rid of so he can buy some new machines.
How many of you guys run them with dual tilt?
We've got a new 10T.. Thats the way I operate. Dual Tilt, Fast hydraulic response, and the auto blade assist. 30/5/90 Great machine.
Blade tilt percentages???
yes... 30% load position 5% carry and 90% spread.... not for everything but that's the way i've got the auto blade assist set up.
Why does everyone always compare the D8N, R, and T to the old D8s?? They are not related to each other. The D8L was replaced by the D9N, and the D8N was a completely new tractor that was pushed into the lineup, forcing Cat to change it numbering system.