Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How much is too much?

tdrewcock ยท 2009-05-12 11:11

I have found 2004 Cat 236B that has all the options I want and fits into my price range however, it has 4800 hours on it. The machine appears to still be in very good condition but am I asking for trouble here? What do you all think?

Replies2
  1. #1shurley91152009-05-12 13:37

    think you should ask to opperate the machine for half an hour if possible. also ask about the service records i have all my service records for our 5 skid steers and i change everything as manufacturer states. so these records are really helpfull. you need to look at time between oil changes and hydraulic oil changes. but hope this help have a good day.

  2. #2shurley91152009-05-12 13:40

    o and by the way we have a CAT with 4200 hours on it and we bought it new and it runs like a champ. its all about how well the machine has been kept.