How much money are you guys getting for your motorgrader? Ours is getting around a 100.00 hr and its a mid 80 model cat 140 g with 10,000 hours but its very tight machine. Just wondering what other guys are getting. And why are motor graders so expensive, they hold there value forever seems like
I have to be careful on how I answer this one It's because they can do multiple tasks on the job. Everything from leveling, fine grading, ditching etc.. Probably the best all purpose machine out there :IMO :stirthepot
Plus they do last forever with good maintainence. Ours is a 93 with 12,000 hrs on it. Just had moldboard rebuilt. Will last another 10 years at least.
I paid $150 an hour for a guy with his grader early in the year. He's the best though every grade is right on, hes fast and reliable.
We have a 78 cat 140g that is still in the fleet. The old girl will still give a good days work.
I've got a 1980 12G w/ topcon and rear ripper, clean and tight, I figure $135 per hour. DP
They really do last forever. We've got a 1950 something Huber Warco with a screaming Detroit 471 in it that still runs and works great over a half century after it was first built.
Here in Western Australia I drive a 91 14G with 16ft mouldboard and get $175.00. 140's are getting $100.00 to $130.00. Cheers Mick
Welcome to HEF mickwa! :drinkup