Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How much turntable slop is too much?

Country ยท 2009-01-06 10:29

On my Bobcat 331-D I have some side to side turntable play (maybe 10mm), but no play up or down. This machine has 2400 hours on it. Does that sound normal? Is it anything to worry about? It doesn't bother me when operating. I've just been ignoring it, but thought I'd ask what yal thought. Thanks, Rick

Replies6
  1. #1John C.2009-01-06 20:04

    If what you are speaking of is the little bit of slop you feel side to side in the boom when you start or stop swinging, that is nothing to be concerned about. Basically what you have is back lash between the swing pinion gear and the ring gear. I've never seen a mini excavator run long enough to wear out a swing bearing.

  2. #2Country2009-01-07 09:31

    Thanks John, that's what I was hoping someome would say. No worries.

  3. #3navasotaman2009-05-28 10:45

    I have a 1996 bobcat 337. gets the job done! here lately I developed a problem with the house not wanting to move and the blade wont go up or down. Started after it leaked all the fluid out from a blown hose. Fixed hose and filled with fluid. Still nothing. Anybody else had that problem?

  4. #4Woodboatdave2009-06-15 12:18

    navasoaman, It's possible that you have air in one or several the pilot control lines.

  5. #5stormdodger2009-06-15 14:37

    Country ,i had a little play on my rotek when i had bought my kubota a couple years ago. I happened have the belly pan off fixin a leak and i noticed a rotek bolt missing, i checked the others and most were loose. so I changed all the bolts with fresh ones. And voi laa.... no play. :woohoo I think I got lucky

  6. #6MrKomatsu2009-06-15 17:59

    Hey Country,, i think yur in good shape..I,ve bn around the big Komatsu's most of my years. and Komatsu's specs are 3mm up/down or 120".....which by then you have pinion damage......the minis i do not know about ......But i think John has a handle on them....