Stockpiling downhill with some ripping the cut. I was asked how much a day I can move and after all these years, I have never had a measured amount to answer the question. I am guessing 2500-3000 yds. The ripping is the variable, you never know until you get there. DP
Out were i work for our d10r's they are figuring while slot pushing we are moving 400 yards an hour. If i was at work i could look it up for you we have a book that helps them figure out how much to count. We are also have a new d11, I donththink they are counting enough yardage, they are only counting 600 yards an hour.
If you can get your hands on a Cat Performence Handbook Pete, and have some time to play with distances and travel times, you ought to be able to use the methods and calculations in the book to come out pretty close. There are always variables, but most folks use some Kentucky windage in their estimates. Good Luck!
The book shows a D8R, LCY/hr (loose cubic yards) of 800 at a 100 feet, 400 at 200 feet, and 300 at 300 feet. With a 8SU blade of 11.4 cu yd. quote Determine average hourly production of a D8R /8SU (with tilt cylinder) moving hard-packed clay and average distance of 150 feet down a 15% grade, using slot dozing technique. Estimated material weight 2650 lb/LCY. Operator is average. Job efficiency is estimated at 50 min/hr. Uncorrected Maximum Production - 600 LCY/hr Applicable correction Factors: Hard packed clay ,80 Grade correction 1.30 Slot dozing 1.20 Average operator .75 Job efficiency (50 min/hr) .83 Weight correction (2300/2650) .87 equals 405.5 LCY/hr Bank CY has a 20 to 30% swell factor. Material did not have to be ripped.
Ripping and pushing is about 1200 yds a day.
OK, 400 yds per hr and 2 hours a day ripping 6 hours dozing is 2400 lcy a day. :cool2 DP