Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How often change the fluid hydraulic in my JCB 3CX 2009 ?

bolko · 2012-09-17 09:53

Hi Gents. I'm from Poland so sorry about my english. I have two qestion: How often have you change hudraulic fluid in yours JCB. In Poland everybody said that I had to change hydraulic fluid every 2000 h but I found : http://www.coastalbp.com/index.php?page=irving_hydraulic_fluids_products and they said that i can use this oil 8000h? What kind of hyraulic fluid i have to use in yours opinion? Where can i find service books to JCB 3CX 2007 Thx Slawek

Replies11
  1. #1JGS Parts2012-09-17 11:18

    mate 8,000hrs seems like a long time i would not be waitting around to see if it is good enough seriously for the small amount of money you spend on the oil compared to broken parts i think its worth changing the oil more often.

  2. #2bolko2012-09-17 12:46

    >> its worth changing the oil more often I owner of JCB. In Poland I have to work 20 hours for changing oil. So is it mean "more often". I lost my (service book). Sławek

  3. #3d4c24a2012-09-17 15:32

    my last one on a 07 year with over 5000hrs was on the same oil , just had a few filter change,s

  4. #4xcmark2012-09-18 19:56

    oil is MUCH cheaper then pumps and pistons , in the long run every 2000 hour or less ! you can replace the lube or you can replace the steel it should have protected .

  5. #5robin yates uk2012-09-19 02:31

    as long as the hydraulic is clean, I never used to change it.I found that JCB oils lasted a longtime so the only added oil was a top up after a burst hose.I used to be an owner driver so cost was always a consideration.Fuel and oil filters always changed as per service time but hydraulics oil never changed

  6. #6Deon2012-09-19 06:25

    I know of a Deere 310C with 13,000 hrs. Original owner says he never changes hydraulic oil on any of his equipment and I know the pressent owner didn't either. Not saying its the right thing to do but thats what this Deere has endured and still running.

  7. #7bolko2012-09-19 14:44

    I lost my maintence book The problem is that I'm second owner and I lost my service (maintence) book. And i don't know what is mean SERVICE TIME. Where can I find service book for JCB. Does Anybody know?

  8. #8Anto Modded2012-09-19 18:50

    Years since i had a Jcb, but i remember hp32 was the oil used and we put hp46 in it as it was a higher temp. If you have the funds change the fluid and filters. That way you know its right.

  9. #9robin yates uk2012-09-19 23:03

    service time means the number of hours the machine has worked since the last service.As you are the new owner, do a complete filter/oil/ change now.As I already said I never used to change the hydraulic oil at all.

  10. #10JCBiron2012-09-22 09:42

    JCB Service Checklists call for hydraulic oil change every 2000 hours. In North America, we use 46AW JCB Hyd. fluid, but that may change depending on your average temperatures.

  11. #11blitz1382012-09-22 12:22

    Alot depends on the oil and the additive package. Some hydraulic oils have a life of 2,000.....a PAO should have no problem with 10,000 hours