Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to access hydraulic hoses on a 315 cat excavator

Ssisean · 2023-08-18 21:54

I’m having trouble with the small access panel in the cab floor reaching the pilot hoses to swap control pattern. Is it easier to try and remove the floor? Any suggestions?

Replies4
  1. #192U 34062023-08-18 21:57

    Can you swing the machine to the side and go from underneath?

  2. #2Ssisean2023-08-18 22:04

    I’m not sure but that gives me a different perspective. I’ll give it a look. Thanks

  3. #392U 34062023-08-18 22:06

    A lot of excavators will have removeable pans under much of the upperstructure for access to hoses and wiring.

  4. #4Acoals2023-08-18 22:39

    My 315C has panels from below. It is easiest to swing so the cab is between the tracks. There really isn't a way through the floor. The C models, or at least the one I have, has a pattern changer behind the cab, between the fuse box and the batteries.