Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to add 4in1 piping on JCB 3cx

Sripola ยท 2011-06-04 03:45

Hi guys, Has anyone converted or add a 4in1 bucket to a JCB3cx? I've heard that it's possible to add the piping and just fit a 4in1 bucket but would like to know what it take before trying it. Any help and advise is appreciated. Cheers

Replies6
  1. #1xcmark2011-06-04 08:36

    for factory JCB hard lines your going to get bent over big time , I would sugget finding a shop and have them fab the lines up. Your looking a some big $$$$ to do this , it may be worth finding a differnt machine ?

  2. #2Richardjw~2011-06-04 11:14

    maybe find something at a breakers somewhere in your area

  3. #3Sripola2011-06-04 14:15

    Thanks for the info xcmark. Basically I am getting it cheap enough compared To the full spec model so I think I might still save some cash fitting it. Bu basically the piping from JCB is about $750 and I can get a cheap 4in1 bucket. But what I would like to know is if fitting the piping is straightforward enough for a capable mechanic? I mean is it just a matter of plugging in the piping and Off you go? Is the piping and bucket all you need to upgrade the machine? Cheers

  4. #4stock2011-06-04 15:39

    Why not just buy a diverter valve, this is how most silage grabs are operated by the agri community............. http://www.rankineqco.com/pdf/EH200KL.1.pdf

  5. #5cutting edge2011-06-04 15:57

    You're gonna need a valve and lever as well.

  6. #6Sripola2011-06-09 17:15

    Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated. So like cutting edge and xcmark said, I might try and get the bits from JCB and get a second hand bucket. Will let you guys know how it goes if I go ahead Cheers