I suppose I must be as slow as this excavator for not noticing this years ago, but the current max RPM on my TB175 is only 1900-1950. I finally broke down and bought a little portable RPM thingy to check and see if my suspicions were right and now they are verified. Anyway, I’m planning on adding about a quarter acre to my pond later this week and I’d love to bump the max RPM up to 2300 where they belong on this machine. I have worked on all sorts of equipment over the decades but adjusting the RPM on a TB175 was never one of those jobs. I don’t want to just start experimenting if I don’t have to. Anyone know how to do this on a TB175? I understand that this is just a compact excavator and it can’t ever do the work of a standard sized machine but I do think it can work a wee bit faster. Thanks in advance for any help!
Good day Allgood If it is similar to the 180 the limit is controlled by the rack stop screws. Kind regards Uffex
If your inj pump looks like the 1 pictured.?? There is a stop screw on the gov. that limits the throttle movement.. u back the screw out to get more movement on the throttle..
First, we gonna need your machine serial number (does it start with 1751 or 1753)? Totally different engine controls. Even my TB180FR machines have different engine controls (and injection pump), depending on the serial number. I have two early with a stop solenoid, and two late with a rack control.
Thanks for the replies! I’ll be there this early afternoon. I’ll get a pic of the serial number and injection pump and post them. I bet this machine will work better and faster with the engine turning more than a fast idle LOL.
Here is the pump.
How (where) are you measuring rpm? The tape for your photo strobe needs to be on the crankshaft pulley. I only ask because you posted pictures of the hydraulic pump
I also am showing low hydraulic pressure which I noticed first and had been checking to make sure that there were no issues with the hydraulic pump. I loaded wrong pics. I believe the low hydraulic pressure is a direct result of low engine RPM.
Yup. Engine at rated speed is first check. Hydraulics can't be touched until the engine operates at its rated speed., you are measuring rpm at the crank pulley? As for pressure, even at 1/2 speed, my hydraulic pressures are on spec, with my Takeuchis. Just flow is down. Power good, cycle times low.
I have no idea where else to get a 1:1 ratio for RPM other than the crank pulley. My question is where any set screw is to adjust max RPM.
First, with the engine off, is this cable slack? Next, with throttle at full, does the lever contact the tamper proof stop?
It is my supposition that your electric motored throttle motor cable may be stretched or out of adjustment. At idle, you can physically turn the throttle lever to full and back to idle, then operate the throttle knob (lever) in the cab to see if it swings to both extremes. If manually turning the lever at the injection pump yields the proper rpm, then we need to look at the throttle control, including whether or not your one touch idle works. These are pics from my TB180FR, and my engine is backwards compared to yours. To see yours, either the cab tips up, or there is an access panel under/ behind the seat. Again, you need to determine if it's a cable/ throttle motor issue, or actually the high speed stop on the pump.
The throttle electric motor has adjustment stops too, but, verify at the engine injection pump first.
I’ve been forcing my somewhat thick arms through spaces they didn’t want to fit but, with your help I scored! I didn’t quite get to the official spec of 2300 RPM but close enough for me. It’s like a new machine again! Thanks again for your help!!
Was the cable slack? Were the stops on the pump correct? Did you have to disassemble the throttle motor? Was it something the previous owner tinkered with? Inquiring minds want to know.
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, when I was able to get both arms in and pull a bit there was slack in the cable. Now I need to buy me a gauge and check the hydraulic pressure. I think the pressure may have been turned down by the rental company I bought this machine from. After using my Takeuchi TB145 side by side with this machine it seems that this TB175 is weak on power. Now that I got the RPM back where they belong (thanks to you), this machine moves as I expect with no load but really slows when under a load. You don’t happen to know how to adjust pressure do you? I’m going to buy me a pressure gauge so I can quantify before making any attempt to up pressure. Thanks again for the huge assist on getting RPM on point!
Oh yeah, here is what I got started on today.