i recently purchased a 96 case 9050b and i would like to switch it from cat controls to john deere pattern, i learnt on john deere pattern and still have a hitachi ex60 with deere controls and would like both machines to have same pattern. what lines would i switch and where ? thanks for any help you can give me Luc
You have to switch pilot lines at manifold behind cab. I don't have the info in front of me, but I can tell you which ones to switch tomorrow after work.
thank you very much, you can either email the info to [email protected] or post it here. thanks Luc
I'll send an email to work to remind myself to look tomorrow.
I made this switch on a 9050B a couple months ago, couldn't find my notes today, so I went back over the diagrams to figure it out again. Of course, I'll probably find my notes after posting this, just the way it goes. You have to switch hoses on the manifold in compartment directly behind the cab. And you have to switch hoses on underside of manifold, not on upper side, otherwise the pressure switches in manifold won't allow machine to operate proper. As I recall, you can't get a wrench on A8 because of the hose fittings adjacent to it. What I did was remove A7, which has to be removed anyway for switch, then I removed the hose between A7 and A8, this allows you access to A8 hose fitting. Make sure you vent pressure from tank before doing this change. You're gonna spill a little oil with these hoses disconnected, but it would likely be more oil loss with pressure on tank. Switch hose A3 with hose A7, then switch A4 with hose A8.
thanks for taking the time for this, it is very much appreciated. Luc
No problem Luc.
ATCO,I'm amazed, you seem to have a pics for all you do! :thumbsup :drinkup
LoL, kinda lucky on this one alrman. Couldn't find my notes on making this switch on 9050B, but just happened to have one in the shop at the moment to work with.
@willie59 - I have a Case 1088 Excavator - do you happen to know how I can change the control pattern from D to C?
I haven't done a 1088 leoncgrant, your Case dealer should be able to provide you the needed information though.
1088 case Thanks for trying, the operators manual say to get the dealer to do it!!! The experienced dealers are gone from my area but I have the repair manual so maybe I'll check that out!! Thanks again
I wonder if it is the same pattern as the other case machine your familiar with??? Leon
I checked the parts pages, the 1088 pilot lines don't go to a manifold that's similar to the 9050B, and there's no clear markings in the parts pages that would allow you to determine which lines to work with. If it were me, in this case, I would attempt to get some info from the dealer.
Hey willie59, I really appreciate the extra effort you put into my question !! I came to the same conclusion after looking at the print in the manual, hard to make out anything. I'll try to find a dealer in my area but most are gone and the one that's left is new, probably doesn't know the first thing about this!!! Well if worst comes to worst I can change my other machines to this pattern and try to reprogram my brain to run them!! Probably help stave off CRS. Thanks again willie59 Leon
Some one ought to put in the suggestion box at the Case factory to put a valve with a handle that you turn to change the operating pattern like the rest of the world does!!
@willie59 , thank you so much for all your information , i switched it around as you showed and it made the joysticks work the right pieces , problem was though they worked opposite on the directions. is it a matter of switching the other hoses on the manifold around too? again thank you so much !
hello willie59, I have a 2001 9030B that I tried the control swap as you described on here for a 9050B. Side to side swap worked but when I push forward to lower the boom it raises & the other side moves the stick closer when you push the control forward & vice versa. Any help greatly appreciated!
11 year old post helped me out! Thanks.