Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to check hydraulic fluid level case 1840

Rjeffj · 2023-09-12 14:42

Changed all fluids and blindly put in 10 gallons into hydraulic reservoir. I see the tube beside the hydraulic reservoir and it is full past the top of the reservoir. Where should hydraulic fluid level be. I’ll drain out the excess.

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2023-09-12 15:32

    This "tube beside the hydraulic reservoir" is this a maybe 4 inch long section of clear tubing connected between to 90º elbow on the side of the tank? If so I would say the oil level should be around half way up the tube or a little higher with cold oil. The "newer" 1845 machines have a sight gauge on the back side of the tank protected by a short piece of tubing welded to the tank. A picture of this "tube" might help if you can post one.

  2. #2Rjeffj2023-09-12 16:18

    Thank you. I read up and it said 10 gallons but I now know that is for system flus only about 25 qts in reservoir. I saved the clean oil and will put in chain case.

  3. #3kshansen2023-09-13 19:46

    Did you find the sight gauge?