How do you check the hydraulic oil level for a PC120-6? Do extend the boom and arm out, or curled in? thanks
usually its with the stick at a 90 degree angle to check it
It shouldn't matter. Does it? I believe you're asking whether to fill the cylinders with oil before checking.
I just toped it up with the stick at 90* angle to the ground.
All Komatsu excavators check the hydraulic oil with the stick extended all the way out, the bucket in the dump position and all sitting on the ground level with the machine.
ok thanks I will check it out tomorrow. I hope I did not over fill it.
Most excavators will have a small drawing of the position it should be in to check,most are around the area where the sight glass is to check your hydraulic level. Far as I know most excavators are checked in the position mentioned above.
Caterpilar is stick at 90 degrees and bucket flat. Hitachi is stick out and the bucket is curled all in. Not all are the same. Check the owners manual.