Grove MZ66 printed on the side next to the fill cap, says check level with arm horizontal. The fill pipe comes out the side of the tank then 90* up, followed by maybe 2 inch long pipe with a breather cap on top. I cannot find a dipstick, sight glass or anything to check the level. Have any idea how to check? Had this for years and have never figured out how. Also don't even know how much it should hold
Maybe even ask, how is oil level checked on other manlifts? Might give me an idea
Grove used pipe extensions on the swing gearboxes on the older cranes. Typically they had a flat metal "dipstick" welded to the inside of the pipe cap. The welds don't hold and the dipstick falls off. If its a hydraulic tank, try to have 4-6" of air space on top. Do a little tape measure work and use a long screwdriver to get to the right level. The extra room on top is for expansion when the oil is warm from working/ hot weather.
I could take a pic but this is how its made
I'd fill that to the bottom of the horizontal pipe. If that is the only breather on the tank you don't want it so full that it is airlocked.
Skyking1 has the solution. You'll know if it isn't enough oil- when/if you hear the pump cavitate.
That's about what I have been doing, but so far there hasn't been much trouble. A line broke over the winter and found it drained about all out. So ordered 20 gal (says it holds 25) to see about getting it back up going. My guess the next lines that will go are the ones going to the platform. There is about 8 of the at maybe 70 feet each
I hate that reality. I have a $500 cat forklift that needs a $350 hose.
I found a guy on ebay that sells good hoses cheaper then I can find else where https://www.ebay.com/str/markshydraulics