Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to dismantle a direction valve

Ghashaan ยท 2019-02-01 22:49

I'm working on a Tadano crane and I've come up with a suspicious direction valve. The problem is that I couldn't remove the cylindrical parts which contain the hollow shafts. I have removed the nuts from both sides but they seem not to move. I've done some light hammering and also have tried to twist it with a chain belt. Both methods we're unsuccessful. Im also afraid to apply too much force as it might cause damage to the valve. I got here some pictures for you. Hope someone out there can help.

Replies2
  1. #1rondig2019-02-01 22:56

    Judging by the rust pitting on the spool i would guess that the solenoid is seized on the spool by rust...use lots of penetrating oil and let sit for awhile...i see that lots on systems..if you turn the whole spool/solenoid assembly ccw the spool and solenoid will come out of valve body....

  2. #2funwithfuel2019-02-02 19:53

    I don't see why you couldn't slap a bi directional Vickers valve on there. Or a parker for that matter. You don't need the manifold it attaches to, just the control valve.