The newer CAT skids come with high flow potential with a dealer "software update". That service is quite expensive. Does anyone know if enabling high flow on the newer machines is as simple as connecting dealer level CAT ET, and putting in a factory password to unlock that feature. Or is there some kind of software to upload as well that is needed? Looking at getting a 255 or 265 and would like cheaper options than the dealer to enable high flow. Thanks for any info.
Well, that’s a bunch of crap. They sell you a machine that can do this and that but if you want it to do that, you gotta pay extra, for us to turn it on.
If true............ What I see is that, just like earlier models, the 265 in is available in 3 flavours; Standard Flow, High Flow, & High Flow XPS. So if you buy a HF or an XPS machine then all that should be required is to plug in the electrical harness of a Work Tool that requires anything more than Std Flow to the connector on the Lift Arm and the Machine ECM automatically sets the implement hydraulics to the required flow - provided the machine is capable of it of course. You wouldn't expect an HF machine to be able produce XPS flow rates for example. There is a dead simple answer to this question. Call your local Cat dealer and ask. I can't find conclusive evidence one way or the other.
Another question bout a 265XPS, I've been running a Blue Diamond 103030 cutter, which has No electrical harness to plug into the Cat, no problems, I just run machine WFO, like 1 of the Cat people said. I assume its in XPS HF, but nothing shows up on monitor that says HF. Thinkin bout later adding, a auger and a limb saw, the limb saw is 26 gpm, I've downloaded a couple pages that tell me how to lower the flow, but nothing seems to work, or at least show up on monitor as a % of the XPS 34 gpm like the downloads said it would. Sooo, If all else fails call Cat.
Have you checked the bag with the OOM on the seat back? On high flow machines Cat includes a high flow jumper for attachments that need it but don't have an electrical connection. On our machines they've always been with the OOM.
No, but I will!
To clarify. The upgrade from Standard flow to High flow is a "Software enabled attachment" requiring a paid-for factory password. This gives a flow increase from 23 to 30 gpm at the standard pressure of 3500 psi. The High flow XPS is different iron and gives a flow of 30-34 gpm at 4000 psi.
So what you're saying is that Standard & High Flow now use identical iron.? If so the OP's comment somewhat makes sense. It would certainly be cheaper to upgrade a machine originally purchased as Std Flow to HF by a software upgrade than an iron upgrade as used to be the case with older generations of machine. Buy one with High Flow already enabled in that case.
As far as I'm aware, yes. Well, that's the question isn't it? It's certainly simpler, but cheaper? Of that I have no insight.....
AMBMike, no jumper! Ok does that mean that anytime hook to an attachment that's hydraulic only no electrical connection, I automatically, via software go to XPS HF???
For the jumper plug connection mentioned above, if you have an XPS or XE, you need either a CAT high flow attachment that has a 14 pin connector, or you need the dummy plug for third party HF attachments. The dummy 14 pin connector comes in two flavors. For XPS, pins K and B (ground) are jumpered. For XE/XHP, pins N and B are jumpered. You can get these from CAT or you can make your own by ordering parts from Skid Steer Genius.
Did you buy the machine new? If so, your salesman owes you an XPS plug for the 14 pin connector.
Yep new!
Thanks for the replies…To clear up any confusion...I am 100% positive that the new series machines come mechanically equipped to have high flow with standard pressure, regardless if they are badged high flow form the dealer. Before I started this post, I did talk to CAT technical services. There is a guy there that always gives me helpful info...but isn't going to sell the farm. He did confirm that all of the new series machines are mechanically capable of high flow at standard psi…. The dealer can enable the high flow at standard psi on any model for $2000- $4000 (depending on dealer) and a few minutes using Cat ET. He said "it’s easy for us…but expensive for you". It’s even possible to pay and have it done remotely. That is why I am asking this question. I wasn’t asking if it can be done. It can absolutely be done. And yes, Buying one with high flow is an option...but there are typically 5-10 standard flow machines for every high flow on the used market. Thanks again for trying to help, I realize there isn't much real world experience with these new series machines for most of us.
No. The machine needs either an electrical connection to a Cat attachment or the jumper plug to enable the high flow. If you purchased an XPS machine and it didn't come with the jumper I'd recommend contacting your salesman and asking for it.
I guess the question at this point is what sort of price premium does an HF machine attract over a STD machine in the used market and whether that makes the decision to have a machine that is currently only STD enabled for HF by the dealer. Do the machines that are already HF-enabled sell for at least $2-4k more than the STD.?
Added nothing, deleted
Conn Plug HSG FMALE 14POS Inline: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Conn Plug HSG FMALE 14POS Inline: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific a.co I got the connectors at cat parts guy just gave them to me As for the high flow if I remember right all of the flows except 1 was available with just the software update (and extra money of course) I think the highest flow required a different pump. I have a high flow auger (cat A68) and a high flow brush cutter(not cat brand) both use the dummy plug. The auger from cat came with the plug brush cutter didn't