Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to get an hour meter fixed?

RenoHuskerDu ยท 2022-05-02 12:50

The hour meter for my 4BT in a Mauldin M413XT is inoperative. Anybody know someone I can send it to for repair? Pic so you know what the machine is...

Replies14
  1. #1farmerlund2022-05-02 17:10

    Try Precision Instrument in AZ 602-973-1055 800-873-1055

  2. #2cuttin edge2022-05-02 17:13

    Probably easier to buy a new one. Our old Alitec has the same dash. They mounted the new meter in the engine compartment

  3. #3RenoHuskerDu2022-05-02 18:15

    Seems their new number is 480-980-2586 and I left them a message. Thank you. Just feed it 12v when the key is on? Sounds pretty easy, thanks.

  4. #4Billrog2022-05-02 21:01

    buy one and mount it in the dash in place of the old one with a little modification. https://www.amazon.ca/Runleader-Gen...ocphy=1001952&hvtargid=pla-760317577857&psc=1

  5. #5RenoHuskerDu2022-05-02 21:28

    Very nice lady called back. Wrong company, this one only does custom digital gauges. Seems the first one is gone. FYI

  6. #6Tinkerer2022-05-02 23:05

    Are there any dealers in the area ? I'm guessing that they send the dash clusters somewhere to be repaired.

  7. #7kshansen2022-05-03 09:54

    Do you have the wiring diagram for this machine so you can tell what sends power to this meter? It could be something as simple as a bad sender or a broken wire.

  8. #8cuttin edge2022-05-03 10:33

    You could try this guy [email protected] I have been talking to him about our new machine. They have changed the dash on the newer ones. Our 2012 and 2014 have the gauges overhead, and the hour meter is digital. The new one if it ever gets here has a tablet like screen. But like I said, the Alitec has the same dash as your machine, so they might be available.

  9. #9RenoHuskerDu2022-05-04 15:26

    Ah, I wish I had a wiring diagram. For now it's just me tracing wires around. Yet to attack that one, just did a full PM as that's more important.

  10. #10kshansen2022-05-04 19:52

    Have you tried to see if the dealer can provide the manual? If you intend on keeping and using this machine for any length of time having one would to me be a very good investment. I can guarantee that this will not be the last time something stops working!

  11. #11Tinkerer2022-05-04 20:21

    Unfortunately the manual I have has shi#y wiring diagram. The wire codes don't show the hour meter for some stupid reason. It might be worth trying to purchase a paper copy of the manual. Maybe. Do you happen to have this manual ? It isn't the one I took the above images from.

  12. #12kshansen2022-05-05 06:45

    I found an online manual with the diagram like the one above but could not read any of the info as it was blurry just like that one! Wonder if the company did that on purpose?

  13. #13cuttin edge2022-05-05 08:04

    Wouldn't be hard to trace. The machine has no electronics. I would just go aftermarket. The one on our Alitec has not worked in years.

  14. #14RenoHuskerDu2022-05-05 22:24

    That is my plan. The guy whose email you gave me earlier just told me to call the dealer in Austin. We all hate Austin, it's like a little Cali in the middle of Texas. And that dealer never called me back anyway. I'm going to mount one under the hood. Was unsuccessful in finding one thin enough to mount on the pod.