h.i gu ys I got a 2000 John Deere 260 skid steer that's being delivered to my residents the skid steer has no hydraulics and the brake is engaged. any ideas how I'm going to get it off the guys trailer?. I know they're going to load it onto the trailer with a big loader with forklifts should I haven't put it on top of Boards so we can slide it off? I got an F 350 that we should be able to chain to an anchor while he drives away slowly pulling it off the trailer.thanks for any advice.
Shovel some ice and snow under the wheels, but not off to the side so it doesn't slide off the side of the trailer. Scrap plywood under the tires might make a good sled, but you don't wan't too much of a sled either.
I am out of snow here...thank god.... I am worried about it tipping if we use plywood to skid it. There is no bucket on it. should I have them load it with the bucket side facing the ramps so when it comes down the ramp it'll be back side heavy?
I would, yes. If you have something to pull it with, or something solid to hook it to while the driver carefully pulls the trailer forward, some soapy water will help, in the same vein as the ice and snow suggestion.
Sand or smooth pea gravel, sawdust...
Go trade for a case. They will have plenty of experience. Nah just kidding go find something solid to hook a chain too and drive out from under it.
Soap the deck of the trailer with liquid dish soap, hook machine to tree, drive away.
thanks for all the suggestions...I don't have a lot of experience dealing with this heavy stuff...
Great ideas! When you hook a chain to it hook the chain as low as possible, you shouldn't have any problems with tipping.
See what a local wrecker guy will charge to winch it off the trailer for you. The winch on a locked down F350 size wrecker will pull several times what an F350 will on it's wheels.
It may come off easier than expected. My dead jd250 had to be winched 30' across the yard and up on a roll back. Went pretty easy. Depends on how rough the ramps are i guess. Try to drop it where your gonna work on it and good luck.