Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to get oil sample inspection except go to CAT dealers

2machine ยท 2021-10-19 17:47

Hi Is there any other way to get oil sample inspection, except hiring CAT dealers? Is there any equipment that can have an oil sample inspection report? Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Tones2021-10-19 18:34

    Some oil companies can supply the kits and do analysis. Castrol and Mobil are ones I've used.

  2. #2Birken Vogt2021-10-19 18:48

    Blackstone labs is a well known independent lab. Although Cat has become my favorite lately.

  3. #3mowingman2021-10-19 19:31

    DA Lubricants has a really good oil analysis program. However, you may have to use their products to get the lab to test your oil. I don't know for sure, you would have to check with them.

  4. #4Delmer2021-10-19 23:18

    Don't understand question. You can buy a prepaid sample kit at Cat, and probably other places, take your own sample and send it in. You can sample any oil you want, or fuel, or antifreeze.

  5. #5Coaldust2021-10-20 01:06

    I like the Chevron Lab in Portland. Check with your local Chevron jobber or deal with Chevron LubeWatch direct. https://www.chevronlubricants.com/e...duty-diesel-vehicles-equipment/lubewatch.html

  6. #6Nige2021-10-20 05:58

    My 2c. If all you want are the numbers (e.g viscosity, element ppm, particle count, presence of fuel/water/coolant, etc) then any oil analysis laboratory should be able to do that for you. If you need to know what the numbers mean, the interpretation in other words, then apart from the dealer SOS most labs would be unable to provide this service.

  7. #7Birken Vogt2021-10-20 09:16

    Blackstone provides the interpretation as well as Cat SOS.

  8. #8tuney4432021-10-21 03:23

    I use all Schaeffer Oil products so naturally I use their SOS lab as well.