Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how to program engine/pump control of any B family caterpillar excavators by cat ET

bereket · 2019-09-17 11:37

How to diagnose and program B family excavators like 320B,330B by caterpillar ET. they have five pin service connector. thanks

Replies18
  1. #1DEMLONE702019-09-17 11:41

    U can't use ET on B series

  2. #2bereket2019-09-17 13:14

    so what can I use

  3. #3DEMLONE702019-09-17 14:04

    Monitor

  4. #4bereket2019-09-17 14:29

    my question is how to program a new engine / pump ecm. I want to replace a faulty ecm and the new comes unprogrammed

  5. #5DEMLONE702019-09-17 14:37

    Ecm on b series is always programmed Whats your serial number ?

  6. #6bereket2019-09-17 14:49

    thanks for your reply. machine serial number : 9HN00590

  7. #7DEMLONE702019-09-17 14:57

    Do u have a part number of the ECM ? Is it a 330B u working on ? If yes they don't have engine ECM .

  8. #8bereket2019-09-17 15:13

    I am replacing this control 164-8255

  9. #9CatKC2019-09-17 15:19

    I am just curios as to WHY you are replacing the controller on a 330B ?

  10. #10bereket2019-09-18 00:29

    there is no power going to the swing solenoid. checked the wiring and I put another ecm from another machine, it works fine.

  11. #11Tyler d4c2019-09-18 07:08

    Plug and play just need to do two calibrations

  12. #12bereket2019-09-18 15:03

    how?

  13. #13DEMLONE702019-09-18 15:17

    how ?

  14. #14Nige2019-09-18 15:37

    Like this ……….. see Steps 9 & 10 below.

  15. #15Tyler d4c2019-09-18 17:37

    I just did it on the 312b but I couldn't for the life of me remember what they where for.

  16. #16bereket2019-09-19 10:22

    I tried to calibrate but the monitor not allowing me to enter to service mode by pressing the three switches simultaneously ( fine control, user and alarm cancel switches? but do you think calibrating governor and proportional reducing valve will fix the swing problem. it is 0 volt for the swing solenoid at the controller. thanks

  17. #17heymccall2019-09-19 11:21

    Calibrating won't correct "swing issue". You said controller from another machine solved it. So, you're now telling us it's a controller issue, yet, your new controller doesn't output voltage. Are you in fine swing mode? I can't recall, but is there a swing brake switch to leave the brake off on B machines? Could you have inadvertently rocked the switch?

  18. #18bereket2019-09-19 15:23

    when I install ecm of the other machine I don't touch any switch. swing works fine. I don't think so because of some switches or some settings.