Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

how to put hydraulic oil in cat e110b excavator

rcon60 · 2019-06-16 08:50

Took filler cap off and found a metal plug with a pencil size hole,in the filler pipe. How do I remove the plug? Or do I fill it some other place?

Replies15
  1. #1kshansen2019-06-16 09:08

    Best I can find on SIS shows the filler cap/plug is pointed out by the red arrow in picture below, not the best picture, but parts book just shows the cap/plug and a oring around it. .

  2. #2rcon602019-06-16 09:22

    behind the panel door on the inside on the left side of tank there is a cap like a regular gas type cap I assume its where you fill it

  3. #3kshansen2019-06-16 10:01

    OKAY! Lets go back to the start on this problems and give us a complete serial number so we all know we are talking about the same version of the machine in question. Just saying it is a it is an E110 would be like saying you are working on a Ford F150 with out saying if it was a 1998, 2008, or a 2018. Not trying to sound like a jerk but the better and more complete the information given up front the faster and more accurate the reply that will be coming will be.

  4. #4rcon602019-06-16 10:15

    e110b 9HF 01123

  5. #5kshansen2019-06-16 10:54

    SIS does not show a maintenance manual for that S/N but in the parts section it does show the hydraulic tank having the filler cap like the one the red arrow points to in my original reply. Not sure what the cap you are referring to is for, maybe post a picture to help identify it? Here is another not so good picture off of SIS showing a "pressure cap" in the mainenance section for a 5GK E110B. c ould this be what you are calling a filler cap? Found a little better image: And one more picture, this one is out of parts book section in SIS: Item 6 would be the filler plug the red arrow points to in my original post and item 9 is the pressure cap that I'm guessing is the cap you mentioned in your original post.

  6. #6rcon602019-06-16 11:01

    yes that what I thought was the filler. thanks. Do I have to relieve the pressure before filling?

  7. #7kshansen2019-06-16 11:11

    attached is the section out of the maintenance manual for an 8MF E110B excavator that should be applicable to your machine, it does say to loosen the pressure cap before opening the filler cap. Make note of the warning: NOTICE Never remove the cap from the implement hydraulic tank if the oil is hot. Air can enter the system and cause pump damage. Just noticed your location, Niagara Falls, could you ask them to turn the Falls off for a few days to let Lake Ontario drain down some?

  8. #8rcon602019-06-16 11:15

    thank you again you have been a big help

  9. #9rcon602019-06-16 11:47

    sorry can't help with the falls

  10. #10John C.2019-06-16 12:57

    That's a gray market Mitsubishi in Cat colors.

  11. #11kshansen2019-06-16 15:41

    I kind of got that impression when I went to the site Nige posts for service manuals and such. The only thing for that s/n prefix I saw was a parts book and that was in Japanese!

  12. #12Nige2019-06-16 16:54

    Sounds like you don't have an O&M Manual for it. Get one here on CD here for $41.99 plus S&H.............or $54.99 if you prefer a paper book. Best $40 (or $55) you'll ever spend. https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=9hf01123 There is more involved to change the hydraulic oil than just draining & refilling the tank according to the O&M manual.

  13. #13kshansen2019-06-16 17:16

    Nige is right! I had only looked at the https://catpublications.com/ site for manuals. I see that site posted has everything for that S/N machine!

  14. #14rcon602019-06-16 18:31

    thanks Nige I will be investing in one

  15. #15Nige2019-06-17 03:24

    As a first choice I prefer Cat Publications because you can download pdf files directly from the web site, but ServiceManualPro has a wider range of options for the more “obscure” models. The only drawback is that their options are limited to CD or paper.