Cat style teeth, held on by the horizontal pin which is driven through a retaining ring. Do you burn out the short end of the pin, or cut the back of the holes away from the tooth and slide the pin out after the tooth is off, or something else? I've put this type on, but never changed them. It's already obvious I can't drive the pin out.
If I'm replacing Cat style teeth, not saving them, I torch a notch in the sides of teeth that will let the teeth slip by the retainer pin, then deal with the pin.
That makes sense, thanks. How would you do it if you wanted to invert the teeth and reinstall them?
If the teeth have got little enough wear on one side to think about inverting them you're either using the wrong type of tooth or digging wrong with it IMO. Most teeth also are marked "TOP" so therefore only install one way. Maybe yours were installed upside down to start of with..? Regarding pins, Willie's way works. Usually with a sledghammer and a pin driver you can bash the pin one way then the other too loosen it. When removing the pin make sure you hit it from the side with the retainer in it (usually the LH side looking from operator seat) towards the other side. That way you don't have to drive much of the pin through the retainer. Don't be tempted to re-use retainers, but pins can go again if in good condition.
Ok, Guess I was using too small of a hammer. I'll torch these off, the inverting question was a 'what if', but I have seen teeth that could be installed one way or the other for different digging action. Thanks!
Wear your safety glasses, had a coworker loose an eye knocking out these pins.