Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to remove concrete splatter?

skata ยท 2019-08-13 19:30

I'm going to paint a machine and there's concrete splatter that's a pain to remove. I've tried vinegar which is very slow. Muriatic acid works but is causing anything it touches to rust. Any other ideas?

Replies8
  1. #1Birken Vogt2019-08-13 19:49

    Muratic acid I believe you don't want to use because it leaves behind chloride (think salt) and can lead to metal corrosion problems later. Have you tried phosphoric acid? I think most acids will loosen cement and phosphoric is used for etching metal properly for painting anyway so we know it is not detrimental to the metal in the end.

  2. #2CM19952019-08-13 20:01

    You might want to try this - https://zep.com/product/zepcorporate/mud-slide-concentrate It's made for concrete trucks and such.

  3. #3skata2019-08-13 20:46

    That looks good. But I'd have to wait to get it. Not available locally.

  4. #4CM19952019-08-13 21:33

    Grainger has it if you have one close by.

  5. #5laycobeau2019-08-14 11:57

    Have you tried LCR Have used it on panels and controls

  6. #6skata2019-08-14 17:25

    I ended up do the rest by hand with a scraper! Took a little while but it's done.

  7. #7Vetech632019-08-14 18:40

    A wire wheel on a hand grinder!

  8. #8DMiller2019-08-23 19:37

    Glad I did not see Air Chisel pop up!!