Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to remove Diesel Fuel from work clothes

MatthewG ยท 2013-01-07 19:31

Transfer tank nozzle exploded diesel all over my Carhart jacket and canvas snowmobile bibs. I have already washed them in Tide - Fail Washed then with Purple Power grease remover and Tide - Fail Any other tips, they really really smell like fuel?? Matt

Replies14
  1. #1RobVG2013-01-07 19:37

    A gallon of brake cleaner might do it but you might want to take it to a dry cleaners.

  2. #2buckfever2013-01-07 19:47

    Try soaking them in a 50/50 mix of purple power and water. I my laundry tub and let them soak for about 3-4 days. By a couple of days you will see a pink film start to float on top of the water.

  3. #3wosama931b2013-01-07 20:34

    What i use is Dawn, about a cup in hot water wash, and use the washcycle 2 times before rise. sam.

  4. #4mitch5042013-01-07 21:08

    I second the dawn, I usually just rub it in.

  5. #5FSERVICE2013-01-07 21:33

    i have to agree with the dawn its great with HOT water. have used it for years,theres even a bottle in the shower

  6. #6donkey doctor2013-01-08 00:33

    Try a good big handfull of a cream type handcleaner in really hot water in a washing machine. Helps to really rub the hand cleaner in and let it sit for a while first. Regards D.D.

  7. #7bar tl2013-01-08 00:39

    dawnshould work well. I ve used a product called Oxyclean with the tide or what ever. Works well for me. Good luck.

  8. #8Hendrik2013-01-08 03:08

    Diesel is the cologne of choice for real men, wear it with pride. http://www.amazon.com/Diesel-Brave-Toilette-Spray-2-5-Ounce/dp/B00266YYH6

  9. #9sparkplug2013-01-14 19:49

    I used simple green, left soak in a pall for two days,

  10. #10mpscn12013-01-14 20:52

    You can drop gasoline on the Diesel, It will be helpful. After that you can wash it with laundry detergents again to remove the smell of gasoline.

  11. #11cdm1232013-01-14 21:27

    used to use a product called ozium it was amazing on aviation fule and vomit smells wish i could find it now.

  12. #12da'yoop2013-01-15 09:39

    VOMIT?????? What the hell???????

  13. #13cdm1232013-01-15 09:54

    a lot of peaple get air sick in smalll aircraft as the turbulence is more noticable than in an airliner.

  14. #14MatthewG2013-01-15 19:45

    After a lot of reading and your suggestions I was able to remove the diesel (or I believe I did) from the coat. A homemade brew of: Ajax Purple power Tide Baking soda Ginger ale The pants still smell, but I didnt hammer them as much as I did the coat Pinesol seems to be mentioned on other sites a lot, I just didn't have any or I would have added it too