As the title says, I've got a bucket with some Esco Heliloc teeth that need to come off. After beating and scraping, I've got the concrete like mud out and was able to remove the retaining clip. Now the challenge is getting the tooth off of the shank. The tooth is held on with a slight twist as it is installed, but no amount of prying, hammering or twisting seems effective in getting the old tooth to disengage. Would soaking in penetrating oil be helpful, or heat, or dynamite.... Any suggestions (well, other than dynamite) are appreciated. Thanks! -Sean
Sounds like cutting torch time.
dig in the rock without the locking clip, they will came loose
I typically wail on them with a sledge to knock loose the fines that are holding them locked on the adapter. I've also used a pressure washer to rinse some of the fines and allow the water to soften the deep fines.
sounds like they are similar to the caterpillar K series teeth. A large number of those style teeth I have replaced end up having to be cut if beating on the with a sledge or pressure washing in them like willie stated doesn't work.
Yours don't fall off on their own?
Guess I should have paid extra for the Quick-Detach model... -Sean