Heading up to the ranch tomorrow to replace the batteries in the D4K2. The instructions say to “remove the mat and floor plate” to access the second battery. Anyone know what I’m in for to accomplish that? Is there a procedure or something? I have to take a guess at what tools I’m going to need because it’s a lost weekend if I don’t have the right tools. Any help would be appreciated.
13 & 16 & 18mm sockets, 3" and 6" extensions, 13 & 16 & 18mm wrenches. U no share serial number, yet, I found under floor battery. Most has both batteries in RH side cover. Yours does not.
Thanks for the diagram. I’m hoping it is 12-11-6 that has to be removed and not 5. 5 would mean I have to pull the entire seat assembly I think.
OH and the serial umber is KMM00461. I thought it was in my profile but it wasn’t.
And a fully charged impact gun with extra batteries
That makes it so much easier. Maybe too late but here is the info anyway.
Curious if most Cat machines are metric hardware now or there's a mix of metric and imperial or even machines with both?
My experience with +/- 2000 vintage and up is all metric.
That seems interesting.
Need to buy another set of tools if you've just worked on the older Cat machines.