Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to remove leaking track adjuster cylinder on Takeuchi TL140

69zfarmer ยท 2020-01-26 18:05

I am pretty sure my right track adjuster is leaking grease causing track to be loose. I cant see the leak but there is grease everywhere in the access hole for the grease zerk. The zerk is not leaking. I pumped it up yesterday and the idler assembly moved back about 1/8" in 24 hours with the machine just sitting there. I know you have to remove track and idler assembly to get to it. But then how does the cylinder come out to repair it? I don't see any bolts holding it in. Please Help!

Replies3
  1. #1alrman2020-01-26 19:01

    When you remove the idler - the track recoil spring will come out together with it. Not 100% sure if the adjuster will come with it - if it doesn't, just reach in & pull it out. The track tension holds everything in place.

  2. #2skata2020-01-27 21:45

    It could just be that the last time someone changed the track , they just let the grease make a mess. To change the track, you take out the grease nipple and push the front idler in, which squeezes all the grease out of the cylinder. In order to not make such a mess, take the grease nipple out and insert a piece of pipe into the hole. Then the grease squeezes out thru the pipe.

  3. #3heymccall2020-01-28 08:22

    Using a 19mm 6pt deep socket, tighten the zerk fitting up (after removing the access cover). Grease in fill area....loose or damaged fitting. Grease on inside of track and 2nd bottom roller....adjuster rod seal leak.