Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to replace the wheel speed sensor on a Deere CT332?

gumper ยท 2018-09-04 11:04

I need to replace the wheel speed sensor on a 09 John Deere CT332. Can't find much information in the Technical manual. Do I need to remove the Track and Drive motor to get to the sensor? Thanks, Gumper

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612018-09-07 05:45

    Yes, track needs to be removed, motor stays in.

  2. #2gumper2018-09-07 10:25

    Great, thanks for the info. Do you know if I will have to do any kind of calibration once it is installed? Thanks, Gumper

  3. #3mg23612018-09-07 12:06

    Technically yes, a hydrostatic calibration should be performed. But I would try without the calibration. If no codes pop up, its not jerky and it tracks straight go with it.

  4. #4gumper2018-09-26 15:55

    I finally got some time to replace the sensor. It went well, but I'm still getting the same error code (says bad data) and the computer shuts down the tracks from moving. Is there something I have to do to clear the codes? Thanks for the help. Gumper

  5. #5mg23612018-09-27 04:57

    What codes do you have?

  6. #6gumper2018-09-27 18:32

    There are 2 active and a few stored. The active ones are 2661.14 (Right Joystick, Y-axis) and 2698.14 (Left Joystick, Y-Axis) The Stored are 190.12 (Engine Speed Sensor), 1594.02 (Left Speed Sensor Input), 2698.14 (Left Joystick, Y-Axis), and 2392.05 (backup alarm) I wonder if maybe there is corrosion on an electrical connector or 2 that might be sending weird signals? As soon as I start to engage the drive motors, the computer shuts all movement off.

  7. #7mg23612018-09-28 05:10

    Possible. Odd that both left and right levers would have the same error. make sure all your connections are sound. Power and grounds are good, especially to the Monitor and the Joysticks. I attached a few items that might help. Next post will have a couple more.

  8. #8mg23612018-09-28 05:11

    And these.