Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to tell what year/phase of Case 580k I have…

rdavison39 ยท 2020-06-20 22:39

Hi there - hoping someone can help me ID my case in order for me to buy the proper parts (i need to buy fan belt and alternator). I have looked EVERYWHERE for the serial number, up and down the chasis, beside the doors. I've googled where its suppose to be (and its not there!). I've had several people help me so all i can figure is it was removed. I believe it to be a phase 1 and manufactured around 1990. I was told once if the 4 speed comes out of the floor its a Phase 1 but I'm not sure. I have attached some pictures to help people who know this vintage. If you need more pics please let me know

Replies2
  1. #1mitch5042020-06-20 22:48

    You didn't take a pic of the important thing, but if the 4-speed shifter comes through the floor, it's a 580k phase 1, if it is mounted to the right fender, it's a phase 3; also known as a 580sk, or super k. There is no phase 2, and the year doesn't really matter in heavy equipment parts. If there is a difference in parts, it will be determined by serial number. The serial number should be on a tag under the left door.

  2. #2rdavison392020-06-20 23:30

    Thank you Mitch for the quick answer - the shifter definitely comes through the floor - just went back to its parking spot and snapped a picture (its past 11pm so its a night shots). Do you know if the serial number is stamped into the metal or if its a tag. There is definitely no tags except the one i've attached which is just inside the left (driver side) door. But this is the ROPS serial number and not the backhoe itself