Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to tell year of Massey Ferguson 50E

notslow ยท 2020-10-27 22:00

Hi everyone, I'm new in here. Been trying to figure out what year my ** 50E is. Not sure if it's 70s, 80s or 90s First forum I tried had no info, hoping someone here may know. He is a photo of the info plate.

Replies5
  1. #1mitch5042020-10-27 23:37

    They were made from '92-'94 Year doesn't matter much on equipment, model including letters, and serial number is usually what you need to know http://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/1/7/170-massey-ferguson-50e.html

  2. #2notslow2020-10-29 01:56

    I've seen these listed for sale as 80's models as well. Are they for sure only 92-94? Mine looks older than my '78 Case.

  3. #3mitch5042020-10-29 12:33

    Well, you know the letter (e) makes all the difference on machinery. That's what tractor data said, I will try to remember to look in a couple of books this weekend

  4. #4notslow2020-10-29 13:11

    Thanks Mitch, here's one I found that looks just like mine. It's listed as an 1987. Maybe people are guessing it maybe tractor data is incorrect. There must be a way to tell from the serial. There was for my Case. https://www.machinio.com/massey-ferguson/50/tractors#quickview/39593729

  5. #5notslow2020-10-31 13:19

    I'm guessing this isn't a common tractor since I can't find much info online. Does Massey Ferguson have any kind of code with the serial to tell year or at least range of year?