Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to tow a 333 John Deere skid steer

promod62 ยท 2024-09-27 10:48

I have a 2019 John Deere skid steer only 1000 hrs I believe that 1 of the main fwd drive hoses blew fluid all over ground and inside cavity, need to change hose, but would like to tow closer to my shop about 150 ft can I release park brake or something so I can tow it ?

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612024-09-27 12:28

    Welcome to HEF promod62 ! Machine serial number? Unfortunately, there is not a tow procedure for Deere CTL's that I know of. But I believe you could possibly use a porta-power with a gauge set up to pump off the brakes (don't exceed 400 psi), then back out the 4 high pressure reliefs on the pumps one or two turns. Then you might be able to tow it.

  2. #2promod622024-09-27 12:46

    Ser

  3. #3ozarkag2024-09-27 22:17

    Should be able to remove final drive outer cover, than pull first planetary gear set. This will disconnect drive from motor and park brake. Do not remove center sun gear shaft as oil will flow. Course yours did that already so wouldn't matter.. .

  4. #4mg23612024-09-28 06:33

    That will work, IF you can get the cover off. Sometimes those things can be rusted in place and can be quite tricky to get it removed.

  5. #5KSSS2024-09-28 12:11

    would it hurt to just lay sand or 3/4 gravel down and just pull it across the material?

  6. #6bobatack2024-09-30 20:41

    Or just remove the tracks and let it roll

  7. #7AASC2024-10-03 20:13

    Pipes under tracks, roll a little at a time and keep replacing under front as they pop out the back, hell they move ships like this.

  8. #8Tones2024-10-03 20:54

    Remove the bolts from the sprockets and let it freewheel on the hub. I've done on numerous occasions and works well.