We're trying out a set of rotobec grapples on one of our 3754 shovel loggers and they are painfully slow compared to the jewels that came off of it,both rotation and open close.am I mistaken by thinking it can be adjusted or are we just not talking to the right techs?
Is there a substantial difference in cylinder sizes between the two? I would first consult Rotobec to make sure they don't have orifices or flow controls inline to control the speed of their grapple. That being said I am not familiar with this machine but given the nature of modern machines I would think you could adjust the flow, and most likely would be done at the display panel?
To turn up a deere you need their software and program. What are the working pressures recommended for each grapple? If heavy shovel logging you can really find the weakness in the Rotobec quickly.
no you dont.
ooookay... care to elaborate sir? As an interested observer I'm curious as hell now. :canada
Good to know and I apologize for the wrong information. Pape lied to us again. I am ready to be done with Deere for good just because of pape's ******** lies & terrible service.
full aux flow should be available to the head seeing as it is a dhsp loader configuration. The key here is that it ran properly with thte Jewell head and not the rotobec. My money says the rotobec isnt set up properly. fwiw, the D and G series excavators "set up" auxillary parameters with MPDR. the D series dhsp machines are still the old C series electronics and dont do much but show codes on the laptop.
That's pretty much what our trusty Deere mechanic is telling us.but he was looking into trying to fix it up for us
Cutting edge please define dhsp and mpdr please! Hall back, I believe the same percentage of great mechanics verses bad mechanics is the same in all your dealers Pape is no worse or better than Peterson or NC or ? Hoe chucker, if you are needing a better set of grapples for your machine (jewels are pretty darn good). Call summit attachments in Longview, reports are amazing and the price is too! .........TIO
We pretty much have been using jewels except for one set of cat grapples and we ended up with a Pierce grapple on one of the loading machines.then this year we're demoing 2 sets of rotobecs and a tmar.the rotobecs are great but really slow
I've seen that the Rotobec grapple used larger diameter cylinders which take longer to fill. The other complaint is that they pinch off the wood many times if you don't get off the trigger soon enough. They are a kind of recent component for shovel loggers so I haven't heard how they hold together over time. I would expect the harder grip to reduce life somewhat. Is the grapple circuit on the Deere running off the auxiliary valve? If so I would think flow and pressure should be easy change. Most of the logging shovels I've looked at in the last seven years have carried the Jewell grapple. They are faster than most and hold together pretty well.
Too much power is easy to fix with relief valves, too slow is a problem, but closing could be sped up with a regeneration valve, uses oil from the rod end to speed up the stroke until resistance is met and pressure rises. Just throwing that out there, lol
dhsp= deere hitachi specialty products mpdr= same as winDR and the old DR zx but with greater functionality
btw are we talking a bout a clam or heeler here?
Live heel
OK. the rotobec isnt set up properly then. The 3754 can make a tmar sing (theyre pretty much the stock head up here) It should be a valve in head unit. check the spool stops on each valve section to make sure youre getting full stroke. that machine has more than enough flow for that grapple Should be 2 small allen screws on the manual actuator side of the valve.. run em wide open.
Thanks for the advise
Sorry, i rushed that a bit. there will be 2 set screws on each valve section,each having locknuts.