Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hows does this thumb work

Gambler ยท 2012-05-25 18:01

Anyone have some info on this style of thumb? I like the looks of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KearxeqlYko&feature=related

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies4
  1. #1BDFT2012-05-25 22:21

    Looks like the linkage is set up to close the thumb as the bucket nears full curl. Its alright, I guess, as far as it goes, simple and doesn't need a cylinder but I would get sick of it pretty quick. Sometimes you need to close the thumb with the bucket open.

  2. #2redneck12012-05-27 07:31

    That hoe looks like the extendahoe pushes out at the bucket end like a JCB. With that type of extendahoe i think this type of thumb would work good as you can use it with hoe fully extended.

  3. #3Gambler2012-05-27 13:34

    wonder how it would work with a miller coupler

  4. #4case 580sm2012-05-27 16:51

    Gambler this thumb is ok but have you considered a hydraulic thumb for your machine? Does it have the plumbing for it? Ovibously you pay more, but they last a lot longer, and they are stronger and better built.