Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HTO additive on 465 hydraulic oil?

Dwightgry ยท 2011-04-05 23:46

I am changing hydraulic oil in my new (to me) 2005 465 skid steer and read in an earlier post about the oil in a 75XT needing HTO additive mixed in with 10w30 oil. My manual doesn't say anything about needing an additive to the hydraulic oil, but just use straight 10w30 oil. Did Case drop the HTO additive requirement for the 465-type series, or does it still need it?

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2011-04-06 00:03

    I have still been using it. Not sure honestly if I need to.

  2. #2Dwightgry2011-04-06 10:54

    Thanks for the reply; I will probably do the same unless confirmed that it's not necessary. Is the ratio you use about 1 to 20 for the hto?

  3. #3KSSS2011-04-06 20:52

    I have continued to use the ratio on the bottle, I cant remember what it is without looking.