I have a Huber M-850-A that won't move forward or reverse. It has hydro static drive. When I move the lever forward or reverse, I can hear it whine and start to move but stops. I have changed all the filters and fluid but no change.
Have you checked hydraulic fluid in the trans. and the filter if it has one? If full and the filter isn't full of crap probably have to do some pressure tests. Not sure if there are hoses for the hydrostat that could be collapsing or leaking.
Has it moved at all since you acquired it? Is it in high range or low range? Is the lower speed control lever all the way forward? Post a pic of the controls. I'm assuming it's the same as mine, but maybe it isn't.
Do the controls look like this?
Yes, same controls. What is the short lever used for below the throttle control?
"The lower left side control adjusts the speed of the driven hydrostatic motor" I would describe it as a variable range selector. Make sure it is pushed all the way forward which will give you the lowest speed and most power. Also make sure the range select lever on the floor is in low range. Do the brakes release properly?
Thanks for the printout. I have the brakes caged until I can get the hoses replaced. The hoses to the pump are going to be replaced also. Right now the range selector on the floor is stuck in Travel range. I am going to drain and refill the gearbox. I don't know if it has any oil in it.
There's your problem. Get it into work range and then try it. Travel range is really high. You mentioned changing the hydraulic/transmission fluid, how full did you fill it? If mine gets low it doesn't like to move if it's not on flat ground.
Did you ever find any manuals for your machine?
I haven't really looked for a repair manual. It came with an operator's manual and a service and maintenance manual when I bought it.
Sorry to keep bothering you but you have more than I have. Do you have any part numbers for filters? I have a parts manual but it's no help looking up any parts. I've tried online searches on numbers but Huber must have their own secret code. Nothing comes back.
Not a bother. But I'm curious what you used for the filter changes you mentioned above? Here's what I have used on mine: (Wix numbers unless otherwise noted) Engine oil: 51806 Fuel filter: 33166 / CAV296 Transmission suction: Baldwin PT207HD10 Air: 42126 Hydraulic return: 51196 or 51553 (better) Transmission return: 51196 or 51553 (better)
The guy I purchased it from gave me a set of new filters for it. The hydraulic spin on filters were Baldwin PT839. I'm not sure if they are correct but today I started the machine after changing the gear box oil and noticed one of the new filters for the hydraulic return had ballooned and was spraying oil. I have run the machine at least 10 times with those filters on it and no issues. The only thing I can think of that would cause the filter to fail would be a restriction. Thanks for those numbers
Sure is a pain getting to the hydraulic and transmission filters isn't it?
Sure is! My arms look like I've been in a fight with a cat.
I'd make darn sure you have the right filter.
That's a cool setup. Mine is a 5 speed with torque convertor. First gear is almost too fast. Have to run it at almost idle. Has a Continental 4 cylinder.
Okay, my screw up!! When I was replacing the hoses, I had to remove that filter head. I didnt know it has a check valve in it. I replaced it backwards and the check valve stopped the flow of oil causing the filter to fail. Everything I can find says the filters a correct. Now with that self induced issue repaired, I can get back to getting this thing to move. Icehole, mine has a Perkins Diesel and hydrostatic drive.
You're lucky you didn't dead head the pump and ruin it.
That's still a possibility. I haven't replaced the filter and start it yet. I'm crossing my fingers.
Hey Mater, what type of fluid does your owners manual specify? I used hydraulic fluid but am wondering if your supposed to use ATF.
This is what I'm using: NAPA Premium Tractor Hydraulic Fluid 10W30 GL-4 All-Purpose 5 gal NHF 85405 | Buy Online - NAPA Auto Parts https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NHF85405
Thanks, I guess Type F ATF would work too. I'll get the NAPA oil.
Any luck?
No, I have a leak at the top of the pump where the control cable connects. I purchased a pump seal kit and waiting for it to arrive. I connected a test gauge to check control pressure to the pump but don't get any pressure from the pump side. The hose I removed from side of the pump is spitting foamy oil but nothing from the pump itself. Not sure where it's getting air in the oil. Still looking for a shop manual. I have found one for the pump though.
That sounds frustrating
It is, It looks like no one uses them anymore and has thrown out all the manuals. I keep checking ebay but no luck so far. I'll just have to figure it out myself the long, hard way I guess.
How high is the oil showing in the sight gauge?
It's a little over half.
Have you had any luck with this? My Huber has been hibernating under snow for the last few months.
Your situation (a hydraulic whirring sound, a brief movement followed by a stop) usually indicates that the system has pressure but cannot continuously build up or maintain flow.
I decided to remove the pump and take it apart. I have a new charge pump for it. Waiting for a bearing before reassembly. It did not look too bad inside for it not to work. I also have a repair manual for it from Sauer Danfoss. Relief valves were working so we will se what happens when I get it back on. I may rebuild the hydaulic motor too. All the hoses are shot so replacing all of them.
Does the mold board roll ahead and back manually or hydraulicly on these or just solid
Mine is manual. It has 3 positions.
Mine is manual. Every other movement is hydraulic.
I'm thinking of removing the hydraulic motor while the pump is out and go thru it also.
I found a service and repair manual from CMI equipment. I will attach it if anyone needs it.
That's great, thank you.
I called Huber Maintainer to ask about some parts and I'm considering buying a parts book also, mainly for the diagrams. Do you find the diagrams to be helpful?
Very helpful. It is a breakdown of how the parts are laid out and comes in handy when reassembling. I found my parts book on Ebay. I think there is another one still listed.
Thanks. I'll probably just order one from them with the parts order I'm placing. $65 is pretty reasonable.
Who are you ordering from?
Huber Maintainer in Wisconsin. I think you posted their number in one of these threads. Have you bought from them?
I spoke with Jerry there. He is sending me the manuals for my 850A.
Can someone let ume know what is the appropriate oil to use in the hydrostatic transmission of an M-800?
Does anyone know the capacity of the hydrostatic transmission ATF tank on a M-800?
Hi @Decae ! Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums. I'm not familiar with the M-800, so I would suggest contacting Huber Maintainer and ordering maintenance and operators manuals for your machine. It may be similar, but likely not the same as my M-850-A: