Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Husqvarna chainsaw question

4x4_Welder ยท 2009-09-14 20:17

I picked up a Husky Rancher 44 a few weeks back and haven't been able to find the correct parts for it, namely the right fuel line. I went to the local Husky dealer, and they took me for $7 for a coiled piece of rubber hose. Is there supposed to be a grommet that the hose passes through, or a special hose for this? Seal All won't seal to the plastic, and a saw you can't lay on it's side is pretty worthless.

Replies11
  1. #1DigDug2009-09-14 21:06

    Hi, I remember the fuel line for those had the grommet built onto it. Its about a 5" fuel line with a grommet close the the end where it passes from the tank to the carb. cavity. I can find the part number for it if you need.

  2. #2DigDug2009-09-14 21:12

    4x4 , that line is going to be pretty scarce. The 44 is a old saw. Here is a picture of one on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/HUSQVARNA-FUEL-HOSE-PIPE-LINE-44-444-240-

  3. #34x4_Welder2009-09-14 21:32

    Thanks, that's what I figured. I'll get one of those coming, he seems to have the best price for the line and filter. Whereabouts in Maine are you located?

  4. #4DigDug2009-09-15 21:23

    I am in New GLoucester which is about 20 mins. north of Portland. Do you have a connection in Maine?

  5. #54x4_Welder2009-09-15 21:45

    I grew up about halfway between Augusta and Waterville-

  6. #6DigDug2009-09-16 21:43

    Cool ! What did you get lost?

  7. #74x4_Welder2009-09-16 23:52

    Lol, been a lot of places since then. I'm living the furthest east I have in the last six years now though.

  8. #8DigDug2009-09-17 20:59

    I used to sell Husky saws. I might have a parts or service manual I could scan if you need help with your saw. doug

  9. #9wolfman2009-09-18 22:36

    I run all husky equipment I buy all parts and saws from Bailys online great prices and quick shipping very good company to work with.

  10. #10fliffy422009-11-09 09:21

    I too have always done well at Baileys!! definitely a good source!

  11. #11Wolfcsm2009-11-09 09:38

    Masden's might be another place for Husky parts: http://www.madsens1.com/ Hal