Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hy-Hoe excavator

td25c ยท 2009-05-22 20:55

We set forms ,welded re-bar,& poured concrete most of this week.It was a pleasure to run the Hy-Hoe today.Nothing exciting,just separating some unburnt debris from some burn piles at a new home site.I sit on top and work my way back ,throw the dirt on one side and the unburnt stumps& wood on the other side,then we burn the rest of it.I'll put the thumb on tomorrow to finish up.

Replies4
  1. #1oriden2009-05-23 00:28

    good stuff out their in the bush!

  2. #2Case 580e2009-05-23 08:29

    i guess that machine runs pretty good

  3. #3special tool2009-05-23 09:44

    Did you dig the foundation for the house in the background with that machine?

  4. #4td25c2009-05-23 20:00

    It is nice to work once in awile without a tape measure,transit,or calculator.The hy-hoe runs good,not as fast as a new excavator , but it has always been reliable.I enjoy using it.Another contractor dug & poured the basement walls,the home sits on a half basement.I dug the foundation footings with a 580k case hoe.I set the beams & trusses with the grove crane.We are cleaning up around the site,still have to install septic leach lines,gutter drains,Finish the yard.I put the thumb on today,it sure helps separating the debris.