Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyd. End

CANNONMAN1 · 2020-02-22 09:42

so, I kinked the end of the steel line in a NH 575E Backhoe. The lines are incredibly expensive from NH. It looks like the end hose is attached to is just soldered/sweated on. Can you buy just the end an resolder it on. I’ve plenty of length of steel line. If so, is there a certain solder to use? Thought about just heating up old end & removing & reusing. Thoughts?

Replies14
  1. #1mikebramel2020-02-22 09:53

    Do you have a picture

  2. #2CANNONMAN12020-02-22 10:18

    Yes, I’ll get one up shortly just loaded some pics

  3. #3mikebramel2020-02-22 10:21

    Thats a flared end for Oring face seal. Depending what size/ pressure you're at you can use a Eaton flareless end.... or flare for JIC

  4. #4CANNONMAN12020-02-22 10:35

    How do I determine pressure? This is the line that runs the cylinder for the extenda hoe portion only. Are the original ends soldered on? You think a Hyd shop has those ends? If the end is available does it just sweat on like a typical plumbing joint? Napa shop in town is closed today.

  5. #5CANNONMAN12020-02-22 10:37

    Will a compression fitting work? I see some guys showing those as repairs. I didn’t know a compression fitting could with stand Hyd. Pressures

  6. #6John C.2020-02-22 11:38

    Do you have a photo of where that fitting hooks on to? What I see appears to be some sort of flange with the opposing side having an O ring for a seal.

  7. #7N140MM2020-02-22 11:47

    We've had success replacing steel lines with hoses when in a pinch. Would that work?

  8. #8DARO2020-02-22 12:08

    Typ they are silver soldered on. Iv shortened tubes in the past. Its a very time comsumeing process because soder joints wont fill gaps. Must be very uniform And tight but not to tight. Someone makes a product that crimps on to the tube with the fitting on it...maybe a eton product?

  9. #9Tinkerer2020-02-22 14:15

    I always replace damaged steel with a hose.

  10. #10CANNONMAN12020-02-22 17:10

    For the first one I had a pic of I cut the end off with about 4” of tube still attached. Cut long piece of tube & welded it back together, I only lost about 3” of tube overall. I was surprised how thick tube was and it mig welded easily. Rubber hose on ends were more than long enough to make up the difference.

  11. #11CANNONMAN12020-02-22 17:12

    The next one damaged is smaller & kinked right next to the flange. Can just those ends be bought? Do you silver solder just like sweating a plumbing joint? I’ve done plenty of those type of joints. I know cleanliness is paramount.

  12. #12RZucker2020-02-22 17:26

    You should be able to heat it up and pull the flange and clean it up well and reset it with a good silver solder. Yes it's like sweating copper fittings, just requires a dull red heat and proper alloy and flux.

  13. #13CANNONMAN12020-02-22 17:36

    RZucker, do you know what kind of silver solder & flux is required? I’m guessing it is different than plumbing type solder & flux.

  14. #14RZucker2020-02-22 17:56

    Been a few years, but the stuff I had was Harris/Welco brand. You want a fluid alloy that flows into the joint. Check with your local welding supplier.