Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydash Drive parts needed.

racerboy832 · 2013-12-24 23:29

I had a bearing fail on my IHI IS40G Excavator. The center drive shaft snapped. I cannot find any info on this pump except for the OEM #'s that don't cross to anything. I know the final drive side is a hydash. The shaft I need looks just like the one another member posted from their Bobcat 100 excavator. Any help I would appreciate. I tried to contact the member but it won't let me.

Replies18
  1. #1racerboy8322013-12-25 20:40
  2. #2racerboy8322013-12-25 20:44
  3. #3racerboy8322013-12-25 20:47

    All the #'s are approx. I only had a $19 harbor freight micrometer. This came from a IHI IS40G2 passenger side travel motor. The final drive says Hy-Dash and there is no tag on the pump side.

  4. #4stock2013-12-26 06:05

    Racerboy some folks here have changed the complete track motor set both sides with ones from different machines. An acquaintance of mine used a set from a Hyundai but he to cut the mounts off the track frame and weld on ones that came with the trackmotors.

  5. #5bigbob2013-12-26 06:46

    Can you have a local machine shop make one? Looks fairly simple.

  6. #6stock2013-12-26 07:02

    getting it hardened to the correct level might be an issue.................

  7. #7racerboy8322013-12-26 08:40

    The drives are still available in the aftermarket, However, the $3-4K a piece is not available in my pocket. It is just a toy for me to do some home projects with. I was hoping it is a part I could buy, replace some bearings and go. The shaft looks like the one used on a PC30-5 or Bobcat 100.

  8. #8finaldrive2013-12-27 10:36

    We are the only distributor for Hy-Dash in North America. We have the parts you need in stock in Riverside, CA

  9. #9finaldrive2013-12-27 10:47

    FYI The original unit is a GM05A-C-22-2 Production on the GM05 series stopped in 2004 This is a single speed unit. There are no aftermarket single speed options produced. We have the ability to match your original speed and properly configure a 2 speed drive to work for your single speed machine. Other companies simply plug the 2 speed port, which is not a good solution; and you are left to buy a pair because they cannot match the gear ratio of the original.

  10. #10racerboy8322013-12-27 12:39

    Thank you very much for the info. How do I contact you about the parts I need?

  11. #11finaldrive2013-12-27 17:30

    Click on the links in my sig or as you've done by sending me a Private Message

  12. #12racerboy8322014-02-06 10:24

    Huge Thank you to Final Drive (Todd) and his salesman Danny Graham. He helped me get all the parts I needed to fix the final drive for my Grey Market IHI. Excavator. They sent me the original Parts fiche scan that I thought was lost forever, Had the individual parts in stock (Used) and shipped them out right away. I didn't have to deal with the local dealer BS or them changing hands 4 times from Japan. I am sure this is going to be read by many searching the web as I did so if there is something you need don't give up, try Finaldrive first.

  13. #13finaldrive2014-02-12 19:06

    Happy to help out, glad you posted here and you could find us. We appreciate the business and the positive comments!

  14. #14STEVESTEVE2020-01-14 16:29

    Are you still available for HY-DASH parts?

  15. #15Edward D. Dixon2024-10-26 17:26

    Could I get the address for your business in riverside? I’m 20 minutes away and need a seal.

  16. #16Tones2024-10-27 02:50

    If it's a lip seal a bearing supply shop should have them.

  17. #17finaldrive2024-10-28 11:38

    The company I worked for is no longer there. I now have my own wholesale distribution company in Rancho Cucamonga. We don't sell retail though. Which seal do you need? I can get you in touch with one of my dealers to help you.

  18. #18Edward D. Dixon2024-11-10 13:01

    Sorry for the delay. The seal I needed turned out to be an "O" ring and easy to find from a seal supplier. I'm all good. It was for a end plate on a Hy-Dash final drive. Super easy fix an $3 part. Cat wanted $50 for the "O" ring. Same part.