Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydra Mac 2650 Injection Pump Timing

steve wherley ยท 2018-06-23 09:36

Does it time at top dead center? It's the only mark there.

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2018-06-23 11:15

    I THINK you have to access the front of the injection pump to be SURE.. Look to see if there is an access plate in front of the inj. pump drive shaft.. The drive gears should be marked w/ a # to match up when the teeth mesh.. BTDC. BUT I'm not 100% sure on this..

  2. #2steve wherley2018-06-24 19:11

    I believe it is an A Series Cummins with a BD root master pump. Need timing. Top dead center or ?

  3. #3steve wherley2018-06-24 19:12

    I believe it is an A Series Cummins with a BD root master pump. Need timing. Top dead center or ?

  4. #4thepumpguysc2018-06-25 05:08

    Do you mean> DB Roosa Master.?? Take a pic of the inj. pump or get some # off the name plate.

  5. #5steve wherley2018-06-25 09:43

    Sorry - yes, it is a DB Roosa Master/Stanadyne, A Model 6 Cylinder Cummins. The machine is 50 miles away from my location, so I'm unable to take a picture.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2018-06-25 09:50

    Without knowing the actual pump mdl # off the name tag.. I'll give you the generic version.. Remove the side cover window on the injection pump.. Under the cover you'll see a line.. its stationary. Rotate the engine over BY HAND.. until another line meets up w/ the stationary line & stop.. Your pump is now ready to be pulled off.. I believe you still have to access the front of the pump, remove the nut & washer & use a puller, to pop off the gear.?? Don't come back till you have the #'s off the name plate.. LOL