Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydralic hose

Golfer2 ยท 2019-01-30 21:39

what is the type and size plugs will a guy need to work on the hoses on 4500 my boom is slow in raising

Replies13
  1. #1jimg9842019-01-30 22:20

    usually don't lose much fluid when replacing a hose, the hoses are not iron pipe threads size, be sure to release pressure on all cylinders with lever that work them,,4500 is a ford right? will help you when posting tell make and model

  2. #2Golfer22019-01-30 22:29

    Yes ford 4500 just didn't want to lose all my fluid while taking ram off on backhoe

  3. #3mikebramel2019-01-30 23:47

    Is it the pump, boom cylinder, or relief valve? Does the cylinder settle or drift at all

  4. #4jimg9842019-01-31 16:08

    though you replacing hose to make it lift faster,,,,check the linkage from lever to hyd spool valve, the linkage hooks the into the bottom of lever which is cast iron, the cast iron hole wears with age and may not pulling hyd open enough to let fluid tho as needed,,,,70s model has plenty wear

  5. #5Golfer22019-01-31 20:32

    mine bucket outer arm loader and out riggers all work as they should but the whole am will raise really slow and under load not at all. over night the thing will be on the ground is why I think I need to overhaul cylinder I was told I could take hoses off and plug and try to extend the bucket and if it tried to move it was leaking but I do not know what size to plug with and I an about a 110 miles from a hydraulic shop thanks for the help

  6. #6jimg9842019-01-31 21:41

    THE LEVER I'M TALKING IS ONE YOU PUT YOUR HAND ON TO THAT LIFT BOOM!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #7Golfer22019-01-31 22:03

    Ok will look in the am

  8. #8Tinkerer2019-02-01 12:29

    Make things simple for yourself, go ahead and put a seal kit in the cylinder. If the boom is supported correctly it will be safe to work on and you will not need any plugs or caps for the lines. Just wrap some rags around them to keep them clean. Notice I said around them not in them !

  9. #9Golfer22019-02-01 21:38

    Well I feel like a dummy. I looked at control to see about wear and realized the lever is for all purpose not moving at all I have to pull both levers to raise and this never hit me as wrong. Going to look at controls tomorrow

  10. #10jimg9842019-02-01 22:02

    could be the lever is seizd on the shaft, penetration spray,,,, some say candle wax heated best penetrator

  11. #11Golfer22019-02-01 22:19

    I will try every everything tomorrow hopefully for simple thanks again

  12. #12Golfer22019-02-02 23:35

    Everything stuck including the pedal for changing swing to fold. All working now. No cylinders to rebuild for now. Manuals came in early.

  13. #13jimg9842019-02-03 08:35

    GOOD THAT ALL IS WORKING [SAVED BY THE MANUALS] THANKS FOR HELPING US OUT lol