Hello and Happy Easter to all. I'm in the process of attaching a hydraulic brush cutter on my backhoe. My machine has factory lines installed but being a second hand unit I don't know if, how or what was ever connected to these. They have plugs at the end for which I acquired quick flat face connectors. Would it be in order to do a flush of these hoses/circuit before operating this new brush cutter? If so, what would be a proper and safe way of doing this? This 310SJ has 3,360 hrs. and it is running good as far as I know. Attachment will run at 25 gpm at most. Am I worrying too much about this? Thanks for your advice.
Happy Easter ! When operating the backhoe, the left side plumbing is the attatchment supply side. Put the selective flow switch on the dash in the center middle position . At an idle just touch the foot switch for a couple of seconds to flush a gallon of oil from the left side into a pail.
Hello Dave. Thanks for your advice. You're right..the left side looking from the seat is where the pressure goes. Funny that JD doesn't label this. This is the very first time I am operating this part of the backhoe. I had a very tough time loosening the existing plugs in the aux lines. These were extremely tight to the point of bending the support bracket that holds them. I installed quick couplers after doing a quick flush per your comment. Everything looked good. However, the attachment didn't work. I might need to interchange the hoses at the hydraulic motor and see if it moves. I suspect it has a valve that will allow flow only in one direction. Thanks again and have a good weekend!
Double check the attachment manual or the brush cutter itself for any markings / stampings of inlet and outlet on the brush cutter before switching any hoses at the motor.
I double checked. All it has is "A" & "B" port stamped. Called the manufacturer and was advised to try one way and if it turns clockwise interchange the hosesto make it turn CCW. Not very helpful...I guess it would be a lot easier labeling it. Nothing is mentioned in the manual either. These motors are bi-directional and as such I suspect the installed valve might have a check valve to allow correct rotation. Need a 32 mm spanner to loosen the fittings. Getting it today.
Hello Dave, All done. Switched hoses on the motor inlet and the brush cutter came to life! I did about 2 hrs. of testing and the 310SJ handles this 800 lb. attachment well. Just stay on firm ground and operate it nice and easy. Only drawback is you have to re-position to cover additional areas vs an excavator that moves ahead without outriggers needing deployment.
That thing looks like it'd be mighty handy! I don't have the money to get some fancy tractor with the brush cutting arms, but something like this would rock to trim back around the yard! Honeysuckle be damned!
Here's a video of the first try. Not the best take because my brother was keeping away a safe distance. The attachment is well built and cuts through brush with ease. It takes some time to get used to it and handle properly. I don't plan on getting a mini-ex so I had to use what I had at hand. My 310SJ TLB I guess not...have to find out if video uploads are allowed
Hi Ricardo, you need to upload the video to utube and then post the utube link here .
Ok, thanks! Working on it.